Smoking bans... your thoughts.

Mare

Well, I'm a smoker and the fact of smoking in bars-Isnt that when ppl do their MOST smoking-when they drink-and a smoker is gonna smoke anywhere as long as he/she doesnt get caught even if it is banned.

How many ppl snuck a smoke somewhere they weren't supposed to?
I know I have done it before.
But that's just my opinion... :lol2:

SpiceMan

thank god i'm not in US...

:smoke: is good.

who cares about health, by the time I get cancer I can buy electric lungs or whatever from a shop.

Oz

Mare said:
How many ppl snuck a smoke somewhere they weren't supposed to?
I know I have done it before.
:

Hell yeah! I don't smoke around food (where it is sold or eaten) or where kids are.

But when I am at work I'll often sneak a quick cig. Fuck that "go outside for a cigarette" crap.

Aunty Em

As an asthma sufferer I'm all for it being totally banned in public places... I can't go into a pub or club over here without ending up wheezing, it's downright unfair that just because other people don't give a toss about their own health that I should have to suffer too... and yes I can avoid them, but why should I be excluded from a pleasurable past-time just because of a few thoughtless idiots.

Aunty Em

Tell you what I think... some bugger should invent the "individual smoking dome" which you put on your head so you don't contaminate anybody elses breathing space... probably make a fortune in no time... a bit like an astronauts helmet with a neck seal and special filters to draw the air in and prevent the smoke from getting out...

It can be marketed as a new form of euthanasia/suicide for all those who want a surefire way of dying! :D

Oz

Aunty Em said:
Tell you what I think... some bugger should invent the "individual smoking dome" which you put on your head so you don't contaminate anybody elses breathing space... probably make a fortune in no time... a bit like an astronauts helmet with a neck seal and special filters to draw the air in and prevent the smoke from getting out... :D

I'd settle for a nicotine relpacement application that actually bloody works ;)

bleach
who rolled the patch and smoked it

MuFu

Aunty Em said:
Tell you what I think... some bugger should invent the "individual smoking dome" which you put on your head so you don't contaminate anybody elses breathing space... probably make a fortune in no time... a bit like an astronauts helmet with a neck seal and special filters to draw the air in and prevent the smoke from getting out...

Hmm... the stoners of this world will run with that idea. Sounds like fun.

Aunty Em

Aww, come on, it's not THAT hard to give up... I did it cold turkey 20 years ago... you guys just don't know the meaning of endurance... suffering is good for the soul! :D

Professur

First off, I'd like to note that I used to smoke. That said.

Why on earth would anyone want to smoke? Think about it. What's so good about it? It wrecks your health. It stinks and stains you clothes, car and house up. It's a serious fire hazard. And $$$ it's God Damn expensive. I know people spending upwards of 10% of their income on cigarettes.

Millions of dollars each year and spent treating self inflicted, smoking related illnesses. All those full beds could be empty, saving taxpayers money, and freeing up resources for the truely sick.

Oh, I know as well as anyone how good that first drag of the morning feels. How it just makes the end of a great meal. But enough to shorten your life by upwards of 10%? Enough to spend (here) $100 a week? That's over 5 grand a year, blown out yer hole.

A spliff or two on the weekend is one thing. But how many smokers only have one cig after a meal (or a quickie)?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*tip of the hat to an MSN spider*

More of the "I don't therefore I'll make sure you can't" ideaology that is so rampant. People hate smokers worse than serial killers.

What I want is one safe haven in public free of:

*overbearing cologne/perfume/body odor
*cell phones - I don't give a rat's ass about your personal conversations at home
*screaming/crying/sniffling/whining children
*conversations about ANY "reality" TV program - they all suck and are scripted, OK?

Give me that and you can smoke anything you can light.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
All those who like the bans should remind themselves of it every time the gov't does something they disagree with. If it's okay to butt into one persons business, it's okay to butt into everybodies.

Winky

What you two don't think 4 billion years of evolution
built your lungs to operate on smoke???

Funny thing about second hand smoke
the poor bastard doesn't get anything out of it!
ie no nic fix

just gets to smell the stench and a possible extra added
benefit of possible lung cancer

what a deal huh?

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I knew I loved you for a reason, Winky :winkkiss:

Ok - now I just can't understand how any smoker can think it's ok to subject those who don't smoke to thier smoke *scratches head*.

What about asthmatics who can't tolerate the smoke? Or those with emphyzema? If we don't ban smoking in public places, are we then not saying that those who can't tolerate.. well.. tough shit?

If you want to damage your lungs - go right ahead - it's legal suicide - but that doesn't give you the right to damage other peoples lungs, too.

I CHOSE NOT to smoke, so why is it ok to smoke around me? Shall I fart in your face while you smoke?

YOUR SMOKE AFFECTS those around you. Period. Get your head out of your ass and just say "Ok.. yes it does... but I don't give a rats ass so go to hell and die with me" Don't give me this "it's my right" bullshit. It's not your right when it affects others. That's why you have to get a licence to drive.

If you are so addicted that you can't butt out for a couple hours while out eating or some such thing, then you have a problem and should seek medical advice.

So - commence shitting on my opinion :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Lord knows the restaurants that have voluntarily gone smoke free are doing such a booming businness that the smokers allowed places are rushing to go smoke free.

Try this