So hey, anyone object to unbanning me?

Gotholic

Pointing out your hypocrisy.

You pointed out nothing. You are just looking for an excuse not to substantiate.

You substantiated it for me. You can't provide a single example where you disagree with the catholic church on anything substantial.

What you stated was before your perceived fact. Even if it was true that I do not disagree with anything that is substantial, my not providing an example came after your assertion. There would have to be a history of me having a "`my religion says so` form of debate" so any posts after that do not qualify.

Not really.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
Kiwf2.gif
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

I did not say it in the absolute sense.

spike

Here is a little fact for you, a lefty banned you from the TRW.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Leslie was exactly "a lefty" but it would have little bearing anyway. Are you sure it was her sensitivity or did a righty complain?

It has become obvious that righties are responsible for most of the personal attacks by far and that nothing is done when they do it.

Leslie just happened in when I was thinking "if nobody is going to do anything about this I'll return the insults". Maybe bad timing on my part but we all know I didn't insult anyone that didn't insult me first. Seems like 6 months good behavior should make up for that if we're not going to do shit about ResearchMonkey's and other righties repeated violations right?

Or are you one of those people that doesn't give a shit when someone on the right makes repeated personal attacks? From talking to you, I know you have some reason in you. Show it now.

Professur

Not really.

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
Kiwf2.gif
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

You need to pull mine outta there. mine's not just a pretty picture, but a well thought out personal icon, to the point where I had it tattooed on me. It stands for the thought that, even though people may try to keep me in the dark, I can still see. Even the fact that it looks somewhat like a prick in intentional and fits me to a T.

MrBishop

You need to pull mine outta there. mine's not just a pretty picture, but a well thought out personal icon, to the point where I had it tattooed on me. It stands for the thought that, even though people may try to keep me in the dark, I can still see. Even the fact that it looks somewhat like a prick in intentional and fits me to a T.

THought it meant that you were a fungi to be around :D

Gotholic

Yeah, I'm not sure if Leslie was exactly "a lefty" but it would have little bearing anyway. Are you sure it was her sensitivity or did a righty complain?

Oh, she is a lefty. In fact, I think that was a factor as to why she was chosen to be an admin, someone who was opposite of Gonz. It does have bearing because it shows no bias pertaining to right/left was involved.

I do not think Leslie was impulsive in her decision. She has seen you violating the AUP and took action. Others may have started it before but that does not excuse you.

It has become obvious that righties are responsible for most of the personal attacks by far and that nothing is done when they do it.

Oh, really? Can you name them?

Leslie just happened in when I was thinking "if nobody is going to do anything about this I'll return the insults". Maybe bad timing on my part but we all know I didn't insult anyone that didn't insult me first. Seems like 6 months good behavior should make up for that if we're not going to do shit about ResearchMonkey's and other righties repeated violations right?

The wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease. It seems you violated the AUP more after the TRW was reinstated.

Or are you one of those people that doesn't give a shit when someone on the right makes repeated personal attacks? From talking to you, I know you have some reason in you. Show it now.

Someone needed to be made of an example. Anyone violating the AUP is worthy to be banned from the TRW. However, I do not think this should be permanent...ever. You obviously were not doing something right to be banned by a lefty.

I believe there are others who should have been in here as well. But my solution to all of this remains the same. I will quote it again:

In my humble opinion, here is my solution...

Bring back the AUP. Perhaps refine it if need be. Enforce the rules much stricter in the RW forum and have special rules for it. Give everyone a fresh start for the RW forum. Violators after three warnings are banned from the RW forum, not the board, for three months. If it is warranted that the same person needs to be banned again later when he returns, then it is for six months. The third offense would be banned for a year from the RW forum.

By doing this, the offenders that are ruining the RW forum are cut out from the forum, not the board, and are still allowed to post around the board thus it would hurt the board as a whole to ban a member from the forum.

The RW forum is the beef of the board. Most other forums just contain idle talk. If it is ever going to be gone for good it will hurt the board.

spike

Oh, she is a lefty.

So you say. She may have been left of you but I rarely saw her participate in political discussions.

It does have bearing because it shows no bias pertaining to right/left was involved.

Leslie rarely visits. I had been personally attacked quite a few times and reported it before she showed up that time. Nothing was done. So I decided to respond to any attack likewise and then she happens to show up. Bad timing I guess.

I do not think Leslie was impulsive in her decision. She has seen you violating the AUP and took action. Others may have started it before but that does not excuse you.

Oh, really? Can you name them?

ResearchMonkey and H20boy have the highest personal attack/post density although H20 hasn't been around much lately.

The wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease. It seems you violated the AUP more after the TRW was reinstated.

No, I've documented ResearchMonkey violating it far more often after the RW was reinstated and before.

Someone needed to be made of an example. Anyone violating the AUP is worthy to be banned from the TRW.

Then go after the biggest offenders.

However, I do not think this should be permanent...ever.

6-7 months good behavior while being a top poster seems like overkill right?

I believe there are others who should have been in here as well. But my solution to all of this remains the same. I will quote it again:

I could get behind this.

valkyrie

Well Hon, it's not much of a board anymore, is it?
You are on to something there. :-/
The vast majority of staff on this site have just walked off, in disgust. I spoke with one recently and while he was polite, he made it clear that my searching him out was a welcome as a bout of the clap.
Wow, not a polite way of saying "hey, how's it been?!"
He wasn't banned. He was KKed. If he'd been banned, we wouldn't be having this conversation. As it is, he's no longer KKed either. Just restricted from the Real World forum.
I stand corrected. You are right. But we still come down to the question of "what purpose does it serve now that all of the RW forum topics are now found started in the KK?" Everyone has flocked here. This very thread is a typical example that supports my position. How many folks have come to this very thread to mock and ridicule Spike for trying to move forward? My answer: too many.
It's not even that good. I've spoken to Fury. He wants nothing to do with it either. Gonz is simply holding to the agreement made by the staff to not use his powers in any situation where he's got a conflict of interest.
If Gonz has chosen not to make a decision because of his conflict of interest then I applaud him for this decision. But standing by and doing nothing is just as bad as deciding to keep him KK'd since he is all the regular admin that this board gets.

Gonz: find another admin without a conflict of interest to make the decision. That's my suggestion.

They were all around back when this place was a pleasure to post in. Now, it's a trial; about as much fun as unclogging a toilet. As it stands, Gonz is all the admins this place has. He's made his position clear. Whether or not he agrees with it, he won't overrule the decision made by another admin.
Part of the problem is the trolling. The only way to end it is to report the trolling and not reply to the troll (if you are a member) or to dole out punishment to the trolls. There's no other way to change the board. I've seen this before.

Again, Spike is not banned. He is not KKed. The only restriction placed on him is that he cannot post in the Real world.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gonz: find another admin without a conflict of interest to make the decision. That's my suggestion.

Not gonna happen. Insufficient membership & those that are left have pre-established opinions.

However, a decision was made, for the peace of the board. It's done. Can we all move on now?

spike

However, a decision was made, for the peace of the board. It's done. Can we all move on now?

Who made this decision and what exactly was the decision? How long a term of good behavior do I need before I can post in the RW?

Also, it'd be interesting to know how many more infractions RM has to commit before any action is taken?

spike

spike, you're not getting back in.

Really? Never?

First I've heard of this. Who made this decision and what was the rational behind it. I've been trolled numerous times in the last 6-7 months and have simply reported the posts. Nothing was done but I handled it like I was instructed. I was always told this was a probation period but now you're telling me that was a lie?