Southern living - the rules

That usually means you might see 80 pounds. 70 is more likely. They don't call 'em "fish stories" for nothin'.

Sharky, I might PM you about PCB closer to January or February (when I take my beach vacation). That might be a viable option if I get priced out of Captiva or if we just decide to make a change.

HomeLAN said:
That usually means you might see 80 pounds. 70 is more likely. They don't call 'em "fish stories" for nothin'.

Sharky, I might PM you about PCB closer to January or February (when I take my beach vacation). That might be a viable option if I get priced out of Captiva or if we just decide to make a change.

Keep in mind that it gets cold here in Jan and Feb. And if you haven't been here in a while, you might be shocked - there has been a major condo construction boom. The Redneck Riviera looks more like Destin now - most of the Mom and Pop motels are gone.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Naturally. No one living north of Richmond would be capable of landing such a monster. :winkkiss:

Maybe no AMERICANS living North of Richmond... ;)

Omega3 :)
Besides...the fat holds the salt better.

I don't get to eat Stealhead or any other salmon all that often (not fressh caught anyway). Mostly, speckled, rainbow and brown trout out of the Chateagay river in NY. Fried outdoor 3 feet from the river they came out of :) mmm mmm good!

Sharky said:
Nope, I nicked that pic offa Gooooogle Image Search.

Those bug-eyes are a dead giveaway that the fish was brought to the surface with an electric reel.
Would I be able to use an electric reel for an electric eel?

And in an hour and 23 minutes, no one else came up with it either.

Oh, and where ya goin' without these? *Holds up BoP's britches*

BARCELONA, Spain -- A handout picture released Monday Aug. 1, 2005 shows Duncan Rooke, 32, left and Stephen Buss, 30, as they haul in a record-breaking catfish in the River Ebro, near Barcelona in Spain on July 6, 2005. The 7ft 7in, (2.3 meters) 212lb (96kgms) female fish isthe biggest freshwater catch ever made by a British angler and nearly pulled 32-year-old gas engineer Rooke back into the river once he had hold of her. After weighing the fish and burping her to get rid of the air in her stomach, she was released. (08/01/05 AP photo)

Back