stress!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
As long as he's not got anything permanent that shows around a button-down shirt, I'm good. Except for the whole getting old enough to have a kid doing this thing.

Good stance, Les. Give him some freedom but draw a line and keep it.

My ultra-conservative folks absolutely HATED my long hair. And for the time and given our locale, it was pretty bold. Wouldn't cause too much concern in a city, but here...I was Satan in most people's eyes. I wore nothing except metal tour shirts, bought AT the show, my entire senior year save for a couple of days and the occasional Harley Davidson shirt. But no tats (and none to this day) and no piercings. That was a hard and fast rule with them. I was 22 and in college before I got my ear pierced. I figured it was the least I owed them to wait until I was out on my own before I did it. And I took it out when I was in their house out of respect.

Kept my hair long (with one exception, upon college graduation to get a job, then grew it back) for 22 years or so. Now, I wear a flat top. Go figure.

Starya

My stress this week?

My kid wants this (the one on the right) as his haircut. GAH

MTS2_447127_thevelvetsun_pete_wentz_sim_1.jpg
What? That's a nice haircut.

When the Critter goes to the get his hair cut, the decision on what it's gonna look like is left to him and his hair dresser. (No dying or other expensive shit though, just a cut.) When he got it done last time he got something that requires a fair bit of maintenance, which included me having to buy a hair straightener, but that's a one time buy that can be useful to have in the house anyways.

He can dye it any way he likes when he saves up for it himself - with exception of just making it darker, which we can do at home, cheaply. And he'll be getting his ear pierced for his 14th birthday. He wants the brow done too, but that won't come out of my pocket. I'll allow it though.

The lip ring? No.

tonksy

The M's wanted to dye their hair pink so I got a bunch of colored gels - some tubes, some mascara like stuff. They're over it for now.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
A couple of his buddies got knocked around by bigger kids for wearing eyeliner. So I'm hopeful that that was a deterrent. Otherwise, if he wants it, he can buy it.

BeardofPants

:hmm: I wonder who decided that it would be girls that wore make-up and not guys? It's actually the one thing I think I can applaud the teen army 'round these here parts for ... even if the 'bois' ARE only conforming to current trend, it's still refreshing to see 'em wearing it.

Inkara1

Yeah... wimminz look just fine to me without makeup. Plus, it's a practical thing... few things are as annoying as letting a female wearing a bunch of foundation borrow my cell phone, then getting the phone back with the makeup caked onto the screen.

Starya

:hmm: I wonder who decided that it would be girls that wore make-up and not guys? It's actually the one thing I think I can applaud the teen army 'round these here parts for ... even if the 'bois' ARE only conforming to current trend, it's still refreshing to see 'em wearing it.
There's plenty of boys wearing make up 'round these parts too.

The Critter did come home from school wearing mascara one day, he borrowed a friend's. I told him never to do that again. :grumpy:

Using other peple's stuff can lead to eye infections.

But if he buys his own... :shrug:

tonksy

Yeah... wimminz look just fine to me without makeup. Plus, it's a practical thing... few things are as annoying as letting a female wearing a bunch of foundation borrow my cell phone, then getting the phone back with the makeup caked onto the screen.

The screen gets schmutzy from facial oil whether or not make up is worn. The foundation just makes it easier to see.

Starya

Unless they have been used by stupid women who's asses are just to fine to touch the seat, and the hover over it, peeing all over.