The 10,000 Post Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually looking at the knife as a permanent long term item ... which it is and has been ... 'cause I still have it and its as sharp as the day I bought it.

2v.jpg

the G 714 model. Back then these were hot items and the use of 440 stainless was rather rare in knives. That made it more expensive. If I tried to buy the same thing today it would only be about 50$

I think its illegal in the UK to carry anything with a blade bigger than 5". What the hell kind of job required an 11 1/4" blade??? If you don't mind me asking? Butchers assistant?

Thats overall length through the handle and all. The blade itself is only like 5 - 5 1/2. That summer I worked for a landscaping company that did mass projects. Hacking rope, twine, plastic, burlap sacks ... stuff that a simple razor knife couldn't hack.

I just measured the blade. It comes in at like 2 mm shy of 5 inches ... making it just capable of skating under most of the 5 inch laws.

Nice. :D

I trust you know how to use it. I only have my wooden practice knife still in the cupboard with my nunchucks and tonfa. :(

.... and my 4 foot oak jo near the front door... just in case of intruders you understand... ;)

unclehobart said:
I just measured the blade. It comes in at like 2 mm shy of 5 inches ... making it just capable of skating under most of the 5 inch laws.

your a lucky guy to have that unc.

Thats just in regards to the UK law. I've no idea what my own state laws are. Besides, I have a concealed weapons permit. I can have a broadsword on my hip if I felt like it.

unclehobart said:
Thats just in regards to the UK law. I've no idea what my own state laws are. Besides, I have a concealed weapons permit. I can have a broadsword on my hip if I felt like it.

Now that to me is just wrong.

unclehobart said:

I used to walk around wearing one back in the re-enactment days. Admittedly it was blunt but it's still a weapon - it's not often the milkman bumps into a band of Vikings fully tooled up walking down Lewes highstreet at 7.30 in the morning looking for a cafe for breakfast after spending the night camped out next to the ruined abbey, I can tell you? That ground was bloody hard! I think we gave him a bit of a fright....... :D

unclehobart said:
Probably thought you were a uni fraternity on an all night bender.

Nah, there's no uni in Lewes. Plus it was their 900 year celebrations we did the re-enactment for over 2 days, so there were plenty of us around the town that weekend. I just don't think he expected us to be up and about that early on a Sunday morning, but it was cold, misty and drizzling, the fire had gone out and I needed some bacon and eggs... not to mention a decent cup of tea... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back