The Dixie Carps

highwayman

With a mouth like a carp no wonder the shit keep spewing out...

landingpage-dixie3.jpg

http://www.townhall.com/ref/dixie3
The Dixie Chicks and their lead singer Natalie Maines continue their ranting. At a recent concert in Canada Maines told the crowd, “I gotta tell you, it is nice to be in a country where you’re not worried about them spitting in your face.” Their anti-American screams continue to escalate as they falsely claim “rightwingers” are silencing them.

chcr

Too cute for words
I find it interesting that you're allowed to spout whatever opinion pops into your head while Natalie is not. She's an idiot but I remember when this was America...

unclehobart

I find it interesting that you're allowed to spout whatever opinion pops into your head while Natalie is not. She's an idiot but I remember when this was America...
He can say what he wants.
She can say what she wants.
You can say what you want.
I don't think anyone has disputed the right of speech.
All parties are also allowed to counter/piss/moan/wail at will.
That unfortunantely has become America.
The America of instantaneous transmission of miniscule tidbits has taken over where people can spew verbal emotion without the traditional cooling off period that allows for more constructive and reflective thought.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
She can say anything she damn well pleases. However, have you noticed two things about her particular free speech...she tends to use if off American soil & when on American soil, they are cancelling her gigs due to lack of sales?

Co-inky-dink?

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah gonz the popular opinion is always the right one.

a billion chinese can't possibly be wrong!

highwayman

She can say anything she damn well pleases. However, have you noticed two things about her particular free speech...she tends to use if off American soil & when on American soil, they are cancelling her gigs due to lack of sales?

Co-inky-dink?

Yup, the people that listen to the music are also using free speech through action..

chcr

Too cute for words
Why does it matter where she says it? She's not still an American if she isn't here? If you don't want to go to the show, don't go. What's annoying to me is the hue and cry. She had an opinion and expressed it. Suddenly a bunch of folks that were not in any way involved with either the Dixie Chicks or the administration started advocating what can only be described as childish behavior toward them. Not agreeing with them was fine. The whining self-righteous outrage was about as unamerican as you can possibly be and it's still clearly going on. Get the over it it was a long time ago now.

highwayman

I can see patriasm is over looked by some people...
What the Chicks are doing is running down America and the people are responding.

What is happening is the Chicks are voicing an Anti American sentiment that is not uncommon throughout the world and from what is being voiced publicaly is right on American soil...

BB

He can say what he wants.
She can say what she wants.
You can say what you want.
I don't think anyone has disputed the right of speech.
All parties are also allowed to counter/piss/moan/wail at will.
That unfortunantely has become America.
The America of instantaneous transmission of miniscule tidbits has taken over where people can spew verbal emotion without the traditional cooling off period that allows for more constructive and reflective thought.

:grumpy: Bollucks!!! *piss3* :grumpy:

er- ... what was your point, there? ;)

:bgpimp:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Why does it matter where she says it? She's not still an American if she isn't here? If you don't want to go to the show, don't go. What's annoying to me is the hue and cry. She had an opinion and expressed it. Suddenly a bunch of folks that were not in any way involved with either the Dixie Chicks or the administration started advocating what can only be described as childish behavior toward them. Not agreeing with them was fine. The whining self-righteous outrage was about as unamerican as you can possibly be and it's still clearly going on. Get the over it it was a long time ago now.

I agree. I fully support freedom of expression, but using it just for the sake of bitching when you were not even involved in the first place is just stupid.

She might be spouting shit, so what? So are the rest of the ones bitching about them. Two wrongs don't make a right, right?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
She has a right to free expression. As is the American way, we have a right to disagree. Whether that disagreement is spoken, written or through our wallets, our opinion is as meaningful as hers & we have the same right to espouse an opinion, toward hers or towards anyting else, as she does.

The difference is, she is speaking about America & Americans to those off our shores, looking for support to what is clearly not American policy & she has the media asking for her opinion. As a public figure, her word gets spread more readily than the average Joe.

There was a time when politics stopped at the waters edge. We may have had internal squabbles but Americans didn't go crying about how horrible we are once they left.

If she can say her piece, so can we. That is American.

Luis G

Staff member
She has a right to free expression. As is the American way, we have a right to disagree. Whether that disagreement is spoken, written or through our wallets, our opinion is as meaningful as hers & we have the same right to espouse an opinion, toward hers or towards anyting else, as she does.

The difference is, she is speaking about America & Americans to those off our shores, looking for support to what is clearly not American policy & she has the media asking for her opinion. As a public figure, her word gets spread more readily than the average Joe.

There was a time when politics stopped at the waters edge. We may have had internal squabbles but Americans didn't go crying about how horrible we are once they left.

Yeah, the point is that saying your pice doesn't make you any less stupid. :p
Is that the american way too?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Less stupid? She's the one opening her mouth while Americans avoid her concerts in droves. Who's th estupid one?

chcr

Too cute for words

No, the real difference is that once most get something they halfway think you can legitimately carp about, they just can't stop.

The original outrage in the conservative press was completely unjustified and you guys (among many, many others) have been trying to justify it ever since. Build a bridge and get over it. Oh yeah I forgot. Hanoi Jane. :lol:

You'll have the pull-out to piss and moan about in pretty short order anyway.

highwayman

chcr said:
The original outrage in the conservative press was completely unjustified and you guys (among many, many others) have been trying to justify it ever since. Build a bridge and get over it. Oh yeah I forgot. Hanoi Jane.

Not quite...
If it was the one incident about Bush being a Texan and then kept her mouth shut it would have boiled over and settled back close to what it was before. This is the most recent of a string of inpropriety from the group.

It's interesting that she said that "it is nice to be in a country where you’re not worried about them spitting in your face.” With no regard of the fact that the predident was pissed on by the same person.

In my opinion Natalie Maines is a heartless bitch...

BeardofPants

How is expressing an opinion anti-american? :shrug: Complete bollocks. As various have said, they're allowed their opinions, you're allowed yours, and you're certainly free to not spend money at their concerts. End of matter. :rolleyes:

Luis G

Staff member
Less stupid? She's the one opening her mouth while Americans avoid her concerts in droves. Who's th estupid one?

Who's the most stupid? the stupid or the one that follows the stupid?