THE SUN WILL DESTROY THE EARTH IN 3.5 MILLION YEARS!!!!

paul_valaru said:
You have a dead guy, a SECURITY guard, a sex slave, a talking head

random violence and nudity

what more is there to life?

and Lexx destroyed the world, lister slept through it

See, I could say something in defence of Lexx, but damn..Paul is doin just fine all by his lonesome :)

Camelyn said:
Paul is doin just fine all by his lonesome :)

leave my sex life out of this!!

uhmm, oh, nevermind.

I was converted to Lexx.

back to topic?

the world will be destroyed? but that is where I keep all my stuff! (paraphrasing the tick)

So when the sun goes supernova, are you looking forward to mild winters in Montreal? :D

Sorry, Inky, the sun can't go supernova, it's well below the Chandrasekhar limit. It'll just expand till it eats most of the planets, then shrink to a white dwarf.

chcr said:
Sorry, Inky, the sun can't go supernova, it's well below the Chandrasekhar limit. It'll just expand till it eats most of the planets, then shrink to a white dwarf.

Yeah, what he said:)

forget the Chandrasekhar limit.

Global warming is what is good for montreal winters...except for that whole poles melting, and we'll be underwater thingy.

Red dwarf is ok, But lexx rules

Yup the Sun dosen't have enough mass or something to go supernova, it'll go into red giant phase then slowly sink into a dim white dwarf, our sun is insignificant compared to other stars :D

I'm not quite positive the theory behind that is solid, but yes i guess it will go out totally eventually after most of its matter is spent or let go and just be a source of x ray radiation or whatever after some immense time has passed. Its been literally years since i've been delving into Neutron stars quasars black holes and the whole lot..

paul_valaru said:
Global warming is what is good for montreal winters...except for that whole poles melting, and we'll be underwater thingy.

You're wrong...it's about damn time that the Island of montreal had some nice beaches, with some waves crashing down on it, and a hot tropical sun...kinda like Jamaica

Hell...we already have a surplus of hot-chicks! Montreal boasts the best phat-per-capita ratio in the world Bay-Be!

As for the cold winters...think 'nippleitis' - then get back to me :)

paul_valaru said:
think parka

Not on Crescent street or St.Laurent blvd. It's a faux-pas. People have to wait in the cold, in as little clothing as possible in order to save the $5 coat-check for their first drink :)

I'll admit that the Chandrasekhar limit thing is news to me too... but it actually makes sense.

So does that mean that if you take a Chevy Nova and toss a match in the gas tank, it won't go supernova either? :D

MrBishop said:
Not on Crescent street or St.Laurent blvd. It's a faux-pas. People have to wait in the cold, in as little clothing as possible in order to save the $5 coat-check for their first drink :)

GOOD points (points)

can't wait for winter now

Back