Word of the day...

chcr

Too cute for words
Cowmaflage: The way they print the Gateway PC boxes (excellent for hiding them in a pasture).

Mare

mea culpa • \may-uh-KOOL-puh (the "OO" is as in "wool")\ • noun
: a formal acknowledgment of personal fault or error

Mare

sobriquet \SO-brih-kay; -ket; so-brih-KAY; -KET\, noun:
A nickname; an assumed name; an epithet.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
mas·ti·cate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mst-kt)
v. mas·ti·cat·ed, mas·ti·cat·ing, mas·ti·cates
v. tr.

1. To chew (food).

2. To grind and knead (rubber, for example) into a pulp.

I.E.

I caught him masticating in the lobby...

Gato_Solo

Carperpetuation (kar' pur pet u a shun) - n. The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.

Gato_Solo

SALMON DAY - The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die in
the end.

Mare

Bush

-a low shrub with many branches.
-a shaggy mass, as of hair.
-a fox's tail.
-vulgar slange-a growth of pubic hair.

-definetly not a president, but a sheep in wolf's clothing. :alienhuh:

Mare

Nippily
1. Tending to nip: an exuberant, nippy puppy.
2. Sharp or biting: nippy cheese.
3. Bitingly cold: a nippy fall day.
4. Beaming nipples on a cold morning.

markjs

Banned
Word of the Day for Saturday November 20, 2004
prink \PRINGK\, transitive verb:
To dress up; to deck for show.

intransitive verb:
To dress or arrange oneself for show; to primp.

Tara has supermodel legs and is already getting used to being prinked and coiffed as she prepares for her first beauty contest in the autumn.
--Raffaella Barker, "Diary hatched, matched and almost despatched," Daily Telegraph, September 6, 1997

The point is reinforced by a clutch of contemporary art photos . . . showing plump nudes prinking and preening like pouter pigeons, and, in one case, a couple of dancers deliberately posed to recreate a Degas painting.
--Hilary Spurling, Daily Telegraph, January 23, 1999

MrBishop

the "Word of the day" for July 19th, 2005 is: flummox \FLUM-uhks\, transitive verb:
To confuse; to perplex.

And when a poll's results happen to upset the conventional wisdom, or confound the experts, or flummox the pundits, then that's a poll to remember.
--Michael Kagay, "Unexpected Results Make for Memorable Polls," New York Times, March 23, 2000

The chronological order of the Stuart, Hanover, Lancaster and Tudor British royal houses had me flummoxed.
--Sara Ivry, "Game Show Wannabe: I Coulda Been a Millionaire," New York Times, February 27, 2000

Flummoxed by the surreality of history and the mind-boggling changes unleashed by the 60's, many writers in that era became minimalists, withdrawing, turtlelike, inside their own homes and heads.
--Michiko Kakutani, "New Wave of Writers Reinvents Literature," New York Times, April 22, 2000