How 'BOUT them tigers!!!

unclehobart

Ohio State rolled mighty... so they are a continued lock on #1.
#2Boston College got manhandled by a weak Florida State team... so they are going to plummet to at least #8
#3LSU won at Alabama... but only by sheer force of will after a gazillion turnovers and penalties... so I'm not sure they will advance to the #2 slot.
#4 Oregon chewed up #6 Arizona State... so they might just jump to #2.
#5 Oklahoma positively mauled a weak Texas A&M team... so they will get at least to #4.

There might even be a case for LSU actually dropping a down to 4th... but since the voting is a popularity contest... it aint gonna happen.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
:anifingr:

p1.keller.jpg

OK, like I said, they still have USC in conference, is there anyone else who might put up a challenge?

chcr

Too cute for words
Ohio State rolled mighty... so they are a continued lock on #1.
#2Boston College got manhandled by a weak Florida State team... so they are going to plummet to at least #8
#3LSU won at Alabama... but only by sheer force of will after a gazillion turnovers and penalties... so I'm not sure they will advance to the #2 slot.
#4 Oregon chewed up #6 Arizona State... so they might just jump to #2.
#5 Oklahoma positively mauled a weak Texas A&M team... so they will get at least to #4.

There might even be a case for LSU actually dropping a down to 4th... but since the voting is a popularity contest... it aint gonna happen.

Gasp!!! Not the BCS!!! :lol: You know, I think LSU will still be number two just due to strength of schedule. Oregon #3, Oklahoma #4 but that could go either way. UConn should move up a bit but they still have to play West Virginia.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
There ain't another team in the country could have played LSU's schedule and stand with one 3OT loss on the road. Nobody.

unclehobart

No love for Ohio State then?

I used to think they were a mild team as well until they assraped two stronger opponents over the last two weeks. They are starting to make me raise my Spock eyebrow. Perhaps they are just fresh at the end when everyone else is injured. Sometimes that is all it takes.

chcr

Too cute for words
No love for Ohio State then?

I used to think they were a mild team as well until they assraped two stronger opponents over the last two weeks. They are starting to make me raise my Spock eyebrow. Perhaps they are just fresh at the end when everyone else is injured. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Let's see how they do against Michigan. Michigan is playing pretty well now and that will be the big test. I'll be rooting for the Buckeyes though. I'd like to see Oregon play some more. I think they're better than most people give them credit for.

unclehobart

Heck... Michigan is the last game of their season. Such a test would be fairly moot by then.

12-0, huh?.. hmm... I guess they're ok.

Does Hawaii deserve any love if they go undefeated? Their schedule doesn't have too many hurdles... but undefeated is undefeated.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Same for Kansas. Their schedule impresses me more than does Hawaii's.

Ohio State is a top five team. Are they top 2? We'll see.

I'm betting on LSU/Oregon. I think they're the best 2 teams in the country, followed by Ohio State, West By-God Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas, and the also-rans.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I watched part of that ASU game. I think the Mildcats were in the wrong uniform.

chcr

Too cute for words
Same for Kansas. Their schedule impresses me more than does Hawaii's.

Ohio State is a top five team. Are they top 2? We'll see.

I'm betting on LSU/Oregon. I think they're the best 2 teams in the country, followed by Ohio State, West By-God Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas, and the also-rans.
I love West Virginia but I think the Big East was over-rated. Even West Virginia doesn't have the defense to be a title contender. If Michigan doesn't beat them, Ohio State will be in the championship game. Whoever else gets in will be a one loss team and there'll be other one loss teams with something to say. I think Oregon is certainly a good choice but LSU would be another.

Inkara1

Looks like Dennis Franchione has finally reached the end of what he can milk out of the success he had because of Tomlinson at TCU. Multiple sources are reporting a buyout is pretty much a done deal now between Fran and Texas A&M... much of it having to do with the $1,200 "insider" e-mail newsletter. I'm sure not being able to beat any of the top teams in the Big 12 has something to do with it, too. This is a sad day for Oklahoma and Texas (and even Texas Tech) fans.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3095710

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10453939

I will say that, since my grandfather went to Florida, making me a Gators fan, I certainly like the idea of the Aggies plucking Tommy Tuberville away from Auburn as has been rumored.

Inkara1

Go Illini! :D

No. 1... Ohio State is the favorite team of a certain ex-fiance even though she has no connections to the school, or Ohio, nor does she know anyone that does (as far as she ever let me know).

No. 2... I always thought Ron Zook got a raw deal at Florida.

No. 3... Ohio State got fat on a bunch of cupcakes. Non-conference schedule: Youngstown State, Akron, Washington and Kent State... a real who's-who. Then, the teams the Buckeyes beat in the Big Ten weren't that good... Penn State was probably the best win Ohio State could claim.