Life in da hood?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
*Replying as I go through three pages*

Gato, Richard Ramirez was not a musician. Proof was, depending on your definition of musician.

flav...no more than I anticipated out of you. Nice to see some things never change.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
AlphaTroll said:
You guys are turning the RW into a steaming pile of racist bullshit. Praytell, what is the point of arguing about a goddamned idiot who shot someone? Is it the colour of his skin that made him more prone to violence and killing someone? Is it because he is a rapper? Nope, sorry, I don't buy it. It's like a kiddies playground argument of 'us' (and by implication 'our' musicians and culture and what the fuck ever) VS 'them' (and 'their' music and culture and whatever shit we want to add to the pile).

I posted it only because so many "artists" of a particular genre like to try and defend their behavior by claiming that the music "represents life on the streets in urban neighborhoods". I then feel free to turn the argument upon them when they kill people. Which one truly influences which?

Winky

now now Teddy keeps stinkin' them
broadheads in them cute animals
thats gotta count fer sumthin'?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
Didn't figure you'd play the 'race' card. Just because you have a picture of black men with guns, they're more fearsome than white guys with bad hair. How about this pic...

tednugent_weekendwarriors.jpg

get 'em right
NUGBK002.jpg

NUGBK001.jpg

You can link to the NRA & the USO thru his site too

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
AlphaTroll said:
And yeah, if you want to take a 'colour' line, most crimes here are committed by blacks. But then please take into account that the large majority of people here are black.

The color (note-no U) of the skin & the mentality of the populace are combined to create a problem. I've yet to meet an imported black who didn't sound like a native white when discussing American blacks (most of which that I know are good people). There is a difference in attitude that follows racial lines. It's not skin color that causes problems...that's just the common denominator.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
AlphaTroll said:
If Ozzy had shot someone in public

The discussion would have been let's fry his ass.

If Ozzy & Rob Halford & Ted Nugent & Joe Perry & Kevin DuBrow & Tommy Lee & Bruce Dickinson had shot someone, after singing about how cool it is to shoot someone, the discussion would go to the music style. As it already has, when they haven't.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
[reality check]

The thread is about a recording artist who killed someone. Not impoverished people, not race, not socioeconomic status, not reviving Tipper Gore's asinine crusade. A recording artist who chose to discharge a firearm in public, and now a man is dead.

[/reality check]

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
As is defined in OTC AUP section Gamma...paragraphs 4, 7, 9, 12 & 13, OTC threadds are required to wander off the beaten path, on a whim. When one subject crosses another, they get tied.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
That's the problem...these paths are beaten to death already. Some are wandering down their same old familiar roads, one or two seem to have decided to try a different road than normal. But the paths are well beaten for certain.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
But the paths are well beaten for certain.

WHAT?!?!?! Is that some kind of southern boy slang for negroes & how they should be treated? It is isn't it? I knew you were a racists hick the moment I met you. That's why you started this thread. To discuss re-enslaving the brother...too keep him down. I knew it, just knew it....that's why your truck is black huh?? :evilgrin:

unclehobart

Ice-T, "Cop Killer"
I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This shit's been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, f**k police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(f**k 'em)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

I got my brain on hype.
Tonight'll be your night.
I got this long-assed knife,
and your neck looks just right.
My adrenaline's pumpin'.
I got my stereo bumpin'.
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'!

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(f**k her)

Die, die, die pig, die!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police yeah!

I'm a Cop killer, f**k police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(f**k 'em)

F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police!
F**k the police, break it down.
F**k the police, yeah.
F**k the police, for Darryl Gates.
F**k the police, for Rodney King.
F**k the police, for my dead homies.
F**k the police, for your freedom.
F**k the police, don't be a pussy.
F**k the police, have some muthaf**kin' courage.
F**k the police, sing along.

Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice.
Cop killer!
I'm a muthaf**kin' cop killer!

Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(f**k her)

Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
You all got distracted from the subject, it wasn't about the joe that killed someone and then claimed he did it because he heard Marilyn Manson.

It was all about the musicians involved in crimes.

A rock star dying of an overdose is not the same as shooting someone.