Official Canada sucks thread

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Toolbox™ said:
I'm halfway across the world and am up-to-date with many current events and have never heard anything bad about Canada! :)

Of course not...they have us (read US) as a neighbor :D

K62

Professur said:
You have no idea how close I've come to moving there. I love the view from Manawagonish rd.

:O Are you kidding me man?

If you were here in the summer, this street looks much much different, with all the trees full and all. Recognize this?

pdrm01822pl.jpg

I live on Manawagonish Road! The lower end, so we don't have a very good view of the bay from here.

but a 10 min drive from here and Ide say we have a nice view!

Here my father and brother over the bay.

pdrm01159fj.jpg

K62

Hey Les, that first picture was taken about 10 min ago.

Look! No snow! Just ran and fog. :(

Just a bunch of gravel where our lawn was dug up.

Professur

I was on Manawagonish Rd. very recently. Sept 16, to be exact. Stayed at the Hillside Motel. Was very upset to find new managers. I was friends with the owner. Ate at the Reversing Falls Restaurant, and at the restaurant at the sea caves just up the coast. Damn place was full of tourists. Wife paddled around on the beach at Irving park.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
K62 said:
:O Are you kidding me man?

I live on Manawagonish Road! The lower end, so we don't have a very good view of the bay from here.

but a 10 min drive from here and Ide say we have a nice view!

How's the fishing?

K62

Professur said:
I was on Manawagonish Rd. very recently. Sept 16, to be exact. Stayed at the Hillside Motel. Was very upset to find new managers. I was friends with the owner. Ate at the Reversing Falls Restaurant, and at the restaurant at the sea caves just up the coast. Damn place was full of tourists. Wife paddled around on the beach at Irving park.

Really? That's cool. The Reversing Falls Restaurant is only a 3 min drive from my house, yet I have only ate there once in my life!

Here is a neat picture I took down at the falls a few years back.

Pdrm0158.jpg

Gato_Solo

I snagged a few bass, a ton of bluegill, and one, count'em, one pike since I've started fishing again. The pike, at only 22 inches, was a surprise because it didn't fight at all...My fiancee still says it committed suicide, but I just think he was hooked so well, he knew the fight was over at the beginning. :D

K62

LOL that's one thing I like about the pickerel, they never stop fighting until the end.

When I fish trout I usually just put my finger in their mouth and snap its neck back if it is a keeper so it doesn't suffer. I remember the first time I was fishing pickerel, I was going to do the same thing, but when I pulled his lips apart I saw all these damn teeth!

This was a nice sized bass Dad pulled out.

pdrm00504yz.jpg

Gato_Solo

K62 said:
LOL that's one thing I like about the pickerel, they never stop fighting until the end.

When I fish trout I usually just put my finger in their mouth and snap its neck back if it is a keeper so it doesn't suffer. I remember the first time I was fishing pickerel, I was going to do the same thing, but when I pulled his lips apart I saw all these damn teeth!

This was a nice sized bass Dad pulled out.

pdrm00504yz.jpg

That is a beauty, alright...Looks to be about 3 pounds. Clean him, stuff him with lemons, butter, and rosemary, and pop him in the oven wrapped in alcoa's best...mmmm. Salt and pepper to taste. :grinyes:

K62

Yummmm.

Actually we threw that guy back, I don't think we kept any that day except for a few little chub we cut up and threw into the water. There is a few bald eagles there that will pick them out of the water. They will come really close to us sometimes to get the fish, but they never came close this day.

Here is the best picture I got of the bald eagles that day, not very good.. but you can make out the white head.

http://img55.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img55&image=pdrm00889jo.jpg

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
oh good. Here's the snowplow come to clear the road and dump it all at the end of my FUCKING driveway! :grumpy:

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
oh good. Here's the snowplow come to clear the road and dump it all at the end of my FUCKING driveway! :grumpy:

Back when I was a mere child, we had this strange idea of waiting til after the snow plow came by to clear the driveway...:D

ClaireBear

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
That is a beauty, alright...Looks to be about 3 pounds. Clean him, stuff him with lemons, butter, and rosemary, and pop him in the oven wrapped in alcoa's best...mmmm. Salt and pepper to taste. :grinyes:

OR... how about take a picture, weigh him, measure him, sex him/her.. log it all down... carefully remove the hook... and release it back into the water? :winkkiss:

Gato_Solo

ClaireBear said:
OR... how about take a picture, weigh him, measure him, sex him/her.. log it all down... carefully remove the hook... and release it back into the water? :winkkiss:

Because, unlike sport fisherman, I eat what I catch. :grinyes: Bass, large, or smallmouth, aren't found in your local fishmonger. You have to catch them. ;)

MrBishop

ClaireBear said:

A few things wrong with that. Removing the hook isn't always pretty or easy...and if you do that and take a pic, and weigh him, measure him etc etc... by the time you toss him back in the water. He's dead or nearly so.
In addition...they're tough to eat after you've released them :D

I'd rather catch/release the small ones and eat the larger ones.

ClaireBear

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Because, unlike sport fisherman, I eat what I catch. :grinyes: Bass, large, or smallmouth, aren't found in your local fishmonger. You have to catch them. ;)

I love fish.. but I'd rather not have to witness my eventual dinner drowning in air at my feet or have to bray its head of a rock before taking it home... *shudder*

Gato_Solo

ClaireBear said:
I love fish.. but I'd rather not have to witness my eventual dinner drowning in air at my feet or have to bray its head of a rock before taking it home... *shudder*

After I catch my fish, I put them on a stringer, and put them back in the water. Think of a stringer like a dog-lead. They stay quite alive until I'm ready to put them on ice, and take them home. Then it's just scale them, gut them, lop off the head, and cook. They do the same things to the fish you get at the market, but mine is much more fresh.