Score, haul, take

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Massager, Sudoku electronic handheld thing, Hut booties, goretex socks and a big box of Allsorts licorice candy things.

and the best gifts of all - the candle holders I got from my kids :D

chcr

Too cute for words
I get a little bit of heat out of it once the motor is warm, but not much more than I would get from vents. I think everything is connected. What would I look for to determine if something wasn't?

Put a 195 thermostat in there and see if that doesn't fix it. If it were the water pump you wouldn't have heat but the engine would be overheating.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Put a 195 thermostat in there and see if that doesn't fix it. If it were the water pump you wouldn't have heat but the engine would be overheating.

Our Taurus ran for two years on a semi-broken water pump. Low heat was a symptom. (corroded fins)

chcr

Too cute for words
Our Taurus ran for two years on a semi-broken water pump. Low heat was a symptom. (corroded fins)

It can happen but it's pretty rare (and far more likely to happen on an aluminum/iron motor than an all cast iron tank motor like Altron has). More likely that the thermostat is stuck open. It's 5 bucks in parts and less than an hours work. That's why I suggest just trying it. You're not out much and you might fix the problem right there. If not, you've eliminated one of the likeliest possibilities and can continue from there.

A.B.Normal

It can happen but it's pretty rare (and far more likely to happen on an aluminum/iron motor than an all cast iron tank motor like Altron has). More likely that the thermostat is stuck open. It's 5 bucks in parts and less than an hours work. That's why I suggest just trying it. You're not out much and you might fix the problem right there. If not, you've eliminated one of the likeliest possibilities and can continue from there.

I'm willing to bet its a clogged heater core or the previous owner bypassed the core completely. check where the hoses run into the firewall and make sure both are hot and the flow has not been rerouted.

chcr

Too cute for words
I'm willing to bet its a clogged heater core or the previous owner bypassed the core completely. check where the hoses run into the firewall and make sure both are hot and the flow has not been rerouted.

He says he gets a little heat. That suggests that it's still connected. Olds engines have a bypass though, so it could very well be clogged.

unclehobart

I got a glorious Delta State University Fighting Okra coffee mug!!

Fightingokra.jpg

a Lyle Alzado football jersey.
SuperBowl collection XXXi-XL
snazzy backlight gamers keyboard with a zillion bells and whistles.
a DVD of Better Off Dead
A Troy Polamalu jersey
A NewEgg gift certificate
A Civil War map
framed pic of mom
Home Depot gift certificate
A collapsable toolbag
crystal beer glasses

nalani

Hmm.. let's see .. I didn't get much this year but what I did get was really great:

earth-muffin earrings (really nice ones)
assorted hand-made soaps (limu [seaweed], 'awa [arrowroot], oatmeal, coconut]
pashmina (or however you spell that) from Mexico
Te Tahiti bag (from Tahiti)
coffee mugs (with sayings that allude to the fact that I'm not a morning person)
Zen water fountain (presumably to change the fact that I'm not a morning person)
Great framed shots of my newest niece (she's the cutest ever)
Macy's gift card
Massive Craftsman tool set from my oldest brother (I gave him the Black & Decker one-touch adjustable wrench .. we totally think alike LOL)
Borders Gift Card
HomeDepot Gift Card (loooooovveeeee this)
iLuv Stereo System with iPod docking station .. sweeeetttt ...

Sharky

"Starmate 4" sirius satellite radio reciever with home and car kits
Yer gonna looooove that . . .

A Dime cry baby from hell wah pedal...only thing i really wanted and got it.
That is cool.

I got to spend Christmas Day in our home. Anything else was gravy.
You got the best gift of all.

I got a glorious Delta State University Fighting Okra coffee mug!!
:D

coffee mugs (with sayings that allude to the fact that I'm not a morning person)
Zen water fountain (presumably to change the fact that I'm not a morning person)
With an alarm clock, the trifecta would be complete. :cool:

unclehobart

Durn tootin it did!

All I need now is a 'Tooz' jersey to make my old n' ugly Raider jersey complete.

Delta State Fighting Okra all the way!!

chcr

Too cute for words
A Dime cry baby from hell wah pedal...only thing i really wanted and got it.
Have you started working out "Voodoo Child" yet? :D I may have a tab somewhere.

You know Na, I've discovered that if you're unpleasant enough in the morning the fucking morning people will eventually learn to leave you the fuck alone. :devious:

MrBishop

I got to see my daughter walking around picking up gifts and re-gifting them, over and over again, wearing some red and white dress that just screams I'M CUTE..LOVE ME! :)

A wireless keyboard and mouse with all the bells and whistles
A 3-pack of Monty Python flicks (Something completely different/Holy Grail/Baron Munchausen)
A nice zippered sweater
Two books (One about Europe and the beginnings of science, art and societal revolution and one Ludlum book)
AVP DVD

and

two tickets to go see
medievaltimesjoust.jpg

Medieval Times
Medieval Times attempts to bring the 11th century to life with a four-course banquet at which visitors are the dinner guests. The trip back in time begins when guests walk through the door and are greeted by the King and the Princess. From there you enter the Hall of Arms, surrounded by authentic medieval artifacts. True to theme, silverware is not used during dinner, so forget those rules about not eating with your hands. Then sit back and enjoy the show. Ring piercing contests, javelin throwing, jousts, horses performing military drills and dressage (complex maneuvers performed by a horse and directed by the imperceptible movements of the rider) bring the Middle Ages to life (minus the smell and violence). After the show head on down to the Knight Club for full bar service and a chance to meet the show cast, take pictures, get autographs and dance to selections from the medieval jukebox.

Sounds like a blast...shame it's a long drive just to get to the show.