Sits back, lights a cigar.

ClaireBear

Banned
Inkara1 said:
Aww, fuck... why'd you have to go and think of that? Now I can't shake the feeling that maybe you're right... but now I've pretty well gotten things going with Christina and I can't just renege on that either.

Set up a mud wrestling or a jello/jam fighting arena in the yard... you'll soon see who's the one for you! :p

Or... do them both!!!

*CB more of a bloke than any man*

Inkara1

Most girls around here don't like being played like that. I always say, "don't hate the playa, hate the game," but for some reason it doesn't work that way.

ClaireBear

Banned
Inkara1 said:
Most girls around here don't like being played like that. I always say, "don't hate the playa, hate the game," but for some reason it doesn't work that way.

Oh well... :shrug:

Just a suggestion... seeing as both are starting to sound a little too much trouble than they're probably worth... the mud wrestling suggestion may be just the order!

Professur

Inky, do me a favour, willya? Go get a 2x4 and beat yourself over the head until it stops hurting. Jeez, how can someone with two testicles be so compeletely clueless about wimmen?

HomeLAN

You gave Annie her shot when you talked to her. Her response was "I don't care". That one's done.

Whether it's with Christina or not, move on.

Oh, and I'm with Prof, but make it a 2X6...

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
Aww, fuck... why'd you have to go and think of that? Now I can't shake the feeling that maybe you're right... but now I've pretty well gotten things going with Christina and I can't just renege on that either.

Even if he's right, there's no excuse for her to act the way she did with you. Move on, she isn't worth it.

ClaireBear

Banned
Luis G said:
Even if he's right, there's no excuse for her to act the way she did with you. Move on, she isn't worth it.

BINGO! We have a winner... got it in one Luis...

But first! Get them into the mud wrestling... you'd be stoopid not to Ink! :p

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Luis G said:
Exactly Inky. Think future. Is she going to pull this don't care attitude any time she's pissed at you? Do you really want to deal with it when she does? FOREVER? Didn't think so.

MrBishop

This Annie girl looks like she was waiting for the other shoe to drop and started backpedaling early in the game in order to avoid getting hit with that 2X6. She might just be coming off a previously bad relationship and is seeing 'him' in you, ya know?

IF she can't stop herself from backpedaling...let her. It wasn't the right time. If she comes back one day...maybe she'll be over her fears and be ready for you.

Likewise goes for you. If you start feeling the urge to backpeddle from Christine... put her on the backburner until you're ready to deal with all of your history before dragging your history kicking and screaming into a new relationship.

After my divorce...I was sure that I was not going to find love because I didn't know what it was like to be loved...that's how badly my divorce scarred me. It took over 2 years...but MrsBish proved me wrong...in Spades!

Inkara1

HomeLAN said:
You gave Annie her shot when you talked to her. Her response was "I don't care". That one's done.
That was my line of thinking during the three hours I was on the phone with Christina last night.

Inkara1

Some of us do a little better on the phone... I don't always, but I seem to do well with her.

Thanks for the kind words, you guys, and helping me make sense of all this. I knew I was right about it, but there's still that "what if." I felt a lot better about it after reading your posts, and Christina and I are definitely going to give this a shot.

ClaireBear

Banned
Inkara1 said:
Thanks for the kind words, you guys, and helping me make sense of all this. I knew I was right about it, but there's still that "what if." I felt a lot better about it after reading your posts, and Christina and I are definitely going to give this a shot.

You seem so very like me Aaron.... (probably not the most flattering comparison! :p ) I need to feel wanted and loved and to love someone else... so I tend to make attachments quicker than quick. Moving from one realationship faster than you can say "on the rebound" Usually with disasterous consequences... out of the frying pan and into the fire!!

I'm not suggesting that this Christine girl isn't lovely or even "The one"... its just that the best advice I was ever given was to take a break and remain single for a while... I'd imagine this would be easier for you than me... you've posted about your friends and you go out with them often... but if, I'm not suggesting that it will *CB touches wood*, things go the way of the pear with Christine take a step back out of the game. :hug:

Its actually harder to do than you'd imagine... :D

Inkara1

I'd actually been unattached for 9 or 10 months, ever since Laurie. Annie and I weren't actually together, so we didn't really break up. What I had been wanting to find out is if she wanted to get together, and her answer made it obvious she doesn't want to.

If things go sour with Christina, it would be a different situation because we actually are together now. At that point, yes, I'd probably want to be unattached for a little while.

ClaireBear

Banned
Inkara1 said:
I'd actually been unattached for 9 or 10 months, ever since Laurie. Annie and I weren't actually together, so we didn't really break up. What I had been wanting to find out is if she wanted to get together, and her answer made it obvious she doesn't want to.

If things go sour with Christina, it would be a different situation because we actually are together now. At that point, yes, I'd probably want to be unattached for a little while.

Good-good!

*CB realises perhaps she should try a little harder to stick to her own advice! :mope: *