Sits back, lights a cigar.

catocom

I'm not so trusting either....Guess that's why I still single...that's most all the kind I got.
At least when I'd loose everything, it was all on me. :lol2:

Inkara1

She'd mentioned the key idea a few times... but I gave them to her as a Christmas present.

I also gave her a ring for Christmas. I understand it's not an engagemnt ring. She understands it's not an engagement ring. I picked the stones specifically so that it wouldn't be confused for an engagement ring. She still gets questions.

Professur

CRIPES!!! if you're giving her that for a couple of quickies a month, imagine what she's gonna expect if you do pop the question???

Inkara1

Professur said:
Now she's got a new app't lined up ...possibly a new job too.
I'm not sure if I ever mentioned her apartment adventures or not. In any case, she was going to move in with a friend who she now hasn't heard from in a while. It seems like the only way she'll get to move out now is if she and I get a place together, and I told her she would need to get the new job first. To get a good two-bedroom place would probably double my rent, and I can afford a few hundred bucks more but not double. I'm trying to apply lessons I learned from the last relationship that was this long-term.

Inkara1

Professur said:
CRIPES!!! if you're giving her that for a couple of quickies a month, imagine what she's gonna expect if you do pop the question???
There's more to it than a couple quickies a month :D but I do know that the actual engagement ring will probably cost 10 times as much as that ring (which would be comparable with that HL said he paid for his wife's ring).

catocom

I got my moms one similar over 10 years ago to replace here wedding ring,
that one of my brothers friends stole. It had a very similar grouping, but
was yellow gold, and all diamonds. I don't remember exactly how much is
was, but it was just less that a grand...9 something.

Professur

Inkara1 said:
I'm not sure if I ever mentioned her apartment adventures or not. In any case, she was going to move in with a friend who she now hasn't heard from in a while. It seems like the only way she'll get to move out now is if she and I get a place together, and I told her she would need to get the new job first. To get a good two-bedroom place would probably double my rent, and I can afford a few hundred bucks more but not double. I'm trying to apply lessons I learned from the last relationship that was this long-term.

Paste this over what I just said .... and quite a few holes line up.

she was going to move in with a friend who she now hasn't heard from in a while

Or she has heard, and simply hasn't told you. But it does cover that she's got boxes and started packing. And she's got reason to be looking at new jobs too.

Inkara1

catocom said:
I got my moms one similar over 10 years ago to replace here wedding ring,
that one of my brothers friends stole. It had a very similar grouping, but
was yellow gold, and all diamonds. I don't remember exactly how much is
was, but it was just less that a grand...9 something.
It was actually $261 at Wal-MArt. I'd never thought of Wal-Mart for something like real jewelry before.

catocom

Inkara1 said:
I'd never thought of Wal-Mart for something like real jewelry before.
eh, for something like a birthstone ring/friendship ring, watch.... they're fine,
but if you want diamonds, I'd go to a "reputable jeweler".

Inkara1

Yeah, I certainly won't buy an engagement ring at Wal-Mart... but the quality of the ring I gave her surprised me.

BlurOfSerenity

i got hired by target! i put in my two weeks notice at borders express! hopefully i start next week at target! i'm going to be in the photolab! cos that just seems to be, largely, what i do. (3 of 4 jobs have been photolabs).
i'm actually really really excited.
i'm going with my mom to buy red shirts tomorrow. and khaki fabric. i'd buy khakis, but i have this whole anti-corporate/anti-"man"/anti-khaki thing which i feel i combat quite effectively by just making my own skirts out of khaki fabric. hopefully some crazy socks too.

AHHH EXCITEMENT

my fiancee and i will have been together a year on february 1st. it's the longest consistently happy relationship i've had. it's awesome.

i never have any money but hopefully my new job situation will allow me to start saving.