So, is there any word...

Professur

I'll have a LP BBQ strapped to what ever I'm bringing. HL, did you ever get that shield for your BBQ?

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
I'm thinking a stop perhaps around St. Louis. That's slightly over halfway.

Cat, if you wanted to convoy, that'd be OK. That way you could smoke in your car (that's strictly verboten in mine).
I might want to pick that convoy up as it flies by. :lloyd:

Assuming of course that you come up I-24.

catocom

HomeLAN said:
Shit, dude, it's a wagon. Even a grill would be a tough fit, but doable. Appreciate the offer, though. I need to hear from Unc. We could probably rig a decent schedule with 3 drivers. Between the van and my shitbox, we'd have plenty o' space.
I know you got a lotta space. I haven't looked in one of those though, and
did really know how much, or headroom....
The more the better if we can get unc in on it. :)

MrBishop

Professur said:
One driver?
MrsBish has a license, but she doesn't drive. Hasn't sat behind the wheel of a car in over 12 years.

Prof said:
No, there's the SO's permission requirement first.
Oh...we're going to KS in 2006. It's the 'when' that counts. And MrsPocketbook speaks louder than MrsBish. ;)

HomeLAN

chcr said:
I might want to pick that convoy up as it flies by. :lloyd:

Assuming of course that you come up I-24.

Shoot, yes. That's the route I was looking at, anyways.

Cat, it's pretty roomy. 4 with all their luggage leaves you room for lunch. 5 can be done, but you will have to like your neighbor in the backseat for that configuration. Luggage could still be done for 5.

Legroom's excellent, headroom fair. I'm 6'2", and I fit just fine.

Mirlyn

Ok, so we've pretty much decided that the heartland BBQ is set to ignite Summer of '06.

We're minus two kidlets from mid-June to end of July, which gives us more room for guests (that'd give us three private rooms, two couches, and a big area for bags/floorbeds and a community bathroom). Weather here is strange, but the best temps for outdoor socials are going to be before the nearly triple-digit heat of late July/August sets in. We're game for the 4th, but that puts everyone else on the road with the rest of the country (and probably conflicts with your existing plans).

What timeframe works best; June or July? We were in the middle of a move during this year's BBQ, so I don't recall how dates were chosen.

HomeLAN

Either is OK with me - I think. Later in any given month is better than earlier. Post 18th works best for me.

Last year, we narrowed it down to 2 dates that worked for the hosts and put it up to a vote. Far as I'm concerned, it ought to be host's option on how the date gets set - you gotta deal with all of us.

Dibs on a couch?

catocom

later in July is better for me right now. (maybe june)
Gotta do the 4th here... tradition...
This may be the last time we can fire the big fireworks here. :crying4:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I can't do June. School isn't out till the 29th, so that'd leave about a 4 hour window for actual visiting.

Professur

Leslie said:
I can't do June. School isn't out till the 29th, so that'd leave about a 4 hour window for actual visiting.

Pull them out early. It's not like they're gonna learn anything in the last week anyways.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Early July works for me.

and northern convoy, I will wave from the plane.

sad part is, I even have a favorite bar there.

Winky

Kansas City
Phoenix, AZ
Total Est. Time: 19 hours, 28 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 1366.53 miles

Professur

Your parents will have other anniversaries. And besides, it's their celebration, not yours. It's not like you were there for the wedding.