So, is there any word...

HomeLAN

Hmm. Approximately 100 gallons of gas = $250 split 3-4 ways. Airfare on Airtran is about $200 each person into Wichita. 17 hours by car, 3 hours by plane. Hmmm.

HomeLAN

Good point. Now we're talking 500 split 5 ways (with chcr), or $1,500 split to fifths more or less, plus having to coordinate flight arrivals. Is that extra 28 hours worth $200-250 a head?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Also, are any other canadians wanting to get in on a Northern Convoy. I'm open to suggestions.

Depending on my employment status I will probably be willing to be part of a convoy if it involves me getting a seat inside a vehicle already in the convoy :D

If I have my own decent car by then I could drive with time permitting but not in a car all alone...I need someone to keep me company. I'd be willing to adopt the chattier of your children for the ride even maybe...if it meant company...

But, I will have to see the job situation before I know if I can drive or if I'll have to fly...more then likely how much time I have for the trip will dictate my mode of transportation.

Uki Chick

I think i'd be willing to be part of a convoy myself. July is better for me at this point too. Mid to end actually.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
Good point. Now we're talking 500 split 5 ways (with chcr), or $1,500 split to fifths more or less, plus having to coordinate flight arrivals. Is that extra 28 hours worth $200-250 a head?

I was actually thinking about riding the Suzukisaurus. At 2.10 a gallon I figure around 70 bucks for gas on the bike or in the car from here (interestingly, they both get around the same mileage at eighty). Southwiest will get me to KC from Twangville (and back) for 163 bucks.

Been a while since I rode that far though. Reckon I could rent a bikey at a reasonable price in KC? Evidently only if I win the lottery. Mid-size car is 130 bucks though. The auguries do not appear propitious at this time. :D

Professur

We'd only recently met, and I was already hip deep with the family. Next time, tho, I'm under orders to play pinball between members.

HomeLAN

chcr said:
I was actually thinking about riding the Suzukisaurus. At 2.10 a gallon I figure around 70 bucks for gas on the bike or in the car from here (interestingly, they both get around the same mileage at eighty). Southwiest will get me to KC from Twangville (and back) for 163 bucks.

Been a while since I rode that far though. Reckon I could rent a bikey at a reasonable price in KC? Evidently only if I win the lottery. Mid-size car is 130 bucks though. The auguries do not appear propitious at this time. :D

That sounds like an awfully long bike ride. I'm pretty sure I can promise you a seat in an enclosed car. It's even leather. Ooooooo.

HomeLAN

kat2220 said:
AND VOUS mon ami were only 2 counties away but never told moi! :D

Who the heck are you, anyway? You live in my hometown, frequent the same board, yet we've never said howdy.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
HomeLAN said:
Who the heck are you, anyway? You live in my hometown, frequent the same board, yet we've never said howdy.

Perhaps she's stalking you, and doesn't want her name to appear... :eek:

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
That sounds like an awfully long bike ride. I'm pretty sure I can promise you a seat in an enclosed car. It's even leather. Ooooooo.
Thanks, but if I don't ride I'll drive. I hate not having my own vehicle, y'know? Now that i'm getting back into shape though, I intend to do a lot more riding. It used to be nothing to go 3000 miles on a 4-day weekend. I can spend a night in Odessa or Adrian if I get tired too.

The more I think on it though, I think I'll bring a guitar and that's a problem on the bike. We'll work it out between now and time to go. :) Also, Dara's making noises about coming and I know for sure she's not up for the bike.

catocom

I was going to say..I'll have 5-6 seats availably, but I don't think you'd like the smoke.
All though I could curb it.
I know what you mean about having your own ride though chic. That's why
I'm driving ....partially. :)

I've gotta spend about $100 between now and then on a tune-up though.
I could do it cheaper, but I'm going "HP" this time. :nerd:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
chcr said:
Thanks, but if I don't ride I'll drive. I hate not having my own vehicle, y'know? Now that i'm getting back into shape though, I intend to do a lot more riding. It used to be nothing to go 3000 miles on a 4-day weekend. I can spend a night in Odessa or Adrian if I get tired too.

The more I think on it though, I think I'll bring a guitar and that's a problem on the bike. We'll work it out between now and time to go. :) Also, Dara's making noises about coming and I know for sure she's not up for the bike.

I bet if Homey was willing to give YOU a ride he wouldn't have an problem taking your guitar...I assume it's smaller than you are :p

chcr

Too cute for words
Nixy said:
I bet if Homey was willing to give YOU a ride he wouldn't have an problem taking your guitar...I assume it's smaller than you are :p

Let someone else take my guitar????? Umm... well...
*Curls into fetal position sucking thumb*

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Maybe Homey would let you follow him, that way you could visit it at rest stops.

HomeLAN

Absolutely. Seems a shame to be passing through where everyone lives and not convoy up. Either through cell phones and/or walkie talkies (I have both), communications between cars should be doable as well.