Barack Obama, advocate for killing babies throughout the known world

H2O boy

You have no idea! Screw you for even presuming to know anything! What is your IQ about 80 or am I being generous? You obviously read what I wrote yet came out with some whacked out meaning I didn't give....It's one thing to say you disagree it's quite another to make a mockery. I suppose you'd have turned your brat in to the cops? I bet theres a long line of folks in your family doing time. Does good for the charachter don'tcha know!

hi pot, i am kettle

i trust you know the rest of the analogy

Where were the felony crimes? :confuse2:

It's a straw man argument. He says a bunch of things that have little to nothing to do with what I said because he wants to get a rise. He did, because that's kind of personal, and it did piss me off. But what he said had nothing to do with reality. My son is begginning law school no, what's his doing? Perhaps fry cook school at McDonalds?

valkyrie

Why would I want to go to someone and pay them money to answer what is a rhetorical question. If I did that, I surely would need therapy.
Didn't realize it was rhetorical. Thought you were putting yourself out there asking for much needed advise. :p
First of all, Jesus hates no one.
If Jesus didn't hate anyone, he wouldn't have gone Medieval on the money changers at the temple. ;)
jesus_sm.jpg

valkyrie

summary

son, you just committed several felony crimes. use and possession of drugs is against the law. if you were driving (we dont know if he was or not) you also just endangered your life and the life of every person you came in contact with or passed on the road. but i want you to enjoy your behavior and feel good about what youve done. so you go have a nice case of the bed spins, mkay?

now son, i want you to understand, as much as you can with god knows what still circulating through your brain, that the most important thing is being able to trust me. not obeying the law, not conducting yourself appropriately, not even minding what i told you before. You should trust me to give you good thoughts, then be able to go out and do as you wish, then come back and trust me again to give you more good thoughts because i am trustworthy. or something like that.

so if you decide to go out and blow up a federal building tomorrow, you enjoy that, and always know you can trust me, even if you disregard everything i tell you to do or not do. Everything i warned you about is not trustworthy, but everything i tell you from now on is, because you trust me. dont worry about the law, you cant trust a cop, only me. society says what you did last night was wrong, and people get put in cages for it every day, but you dont need to let that spoil your fun. trust me on this, im experienced with it.

nice job dr spock
Actually, I think RandomJackass did the right thing. Teens are impressionable and as a parent I think it is his responsibility to steer the kid in the right direction. He can't very well do that if he's playing Nazi dad and calling the cops on him for a misdemeanor that some cities won't even bother with (and we do not know if the kid was driving, but I got the impression he wasn't). It's best to reason with him, get him to understand why this is the wrong course of action, and get him to understand why he shouldn't be doing what he's doing. Not throw him to the cops as a wasted case. There is nothing to be learned there.

Kudos to you RandomJackass! Good parenting. Seriously!

H2O boy

It's a straw man argument. He says a bunch of things that have little to nothing to do with what I said because he wants to get a rise. He did, because that's kind of personal, and it did piss me off. But what he said had nothing to do with reality. My son is begginning law school no, what's his doing? Perhaps fry cook school at McDonalds?

more assumptions. i thought those were bad

your son possessed enough drugs to be'stoned off his ass'. thats illegal. i suppose you likewise have no beef with the person who committed the felony of selling these substances to your son. what if it had been my son stoned off his ass, then in that state he had driven his car into your family? would that have made it different?

justify it all you want. committing a criminal act is a serious thing to some of us

H2O boy

Actually, I think RandomJackass did the right thing.

theres a shocker

do as you like. just dont be surprised when your little angels fuck up while theyre fucked and kill somebody and the family goes for the throat. i have every right to drive on the street and be protected from stoned wastoids.

maybe im hypersensitive about it. i mean, losing a brother to a stoned driver doing 90 in a 30 running from the cops when he tboned my brother on his way to work can do that to somebody. but at least the shitbag that killed my brother has the trust of a random jackass and the sympathy of a self-styled hippie. i guess thats a fair trade off for my brothers life

so go on ahead, hug each other til you puke. i will still show up to the shitbag's parole hearings every 12-18 months with a photo of my brothers car, his coffin, and the crash site. you all stay home and smoke a bowl in his memory, mkay?

valkyrie

theres a shocker

do as you like. just dont be surprised when your little angels fuck up while theyre fucked and kill somebody and the family goes for the throat. i have every right to drive on the street and be protected from stoned wastoids.

maybe im hypersensitive about it. i mean, losing a brother to a stoned driver doing 90 in a 30 running from the cops when he tboned my brother on his way to work can do that to somebody. but at least the shitbag that killed my brother has the trust of a random jackass and the sympathy of a self-styled hippie. i guess thats a fair trade off for my brothers life

so go on ahead, hug each other til you puke. i will still show up to the shitbag's parole hearings every 12-18 months with a photo of my brothers car, his coffin, and the crash site. you all stay home and smoke a bowl in his memory, mkay?
If you read RandomJackass' response, the kid is now in law school. I believe how he approached the situation prevented the kid from becoming like the stoner who killed your brother.

You want to prevent the kid from going in the wrong direction and I think that's what he did.

And I don't think you advocating smoking pot is going to help much. :shrug:

H2O boy

and do we know the shitbag wasnt law school material?

maybe all he needed was someone to tell him itd all be okay

valkyrie

and do we know the shitbag wasnt law school material?

maybe all he needed was someone to tell him itd all be okay
Do we know how the parents of this guy approached their son's illegal substance use? No. We don't have that information. But we know whatever they did was unsuccessful.
:rofl: I don't think it matters what the "shitbag" could have done with his life had he not killed your brother. The object of the mini-off-topic-discussion was RandomJackass and how he dealt with a mistake his son make. The outcome of how he approached the mistake was quite different from the outcome involving your brother's death. My guess is that the approaches were quite different, though none of us have any way of knowing for sure. You are only imposing your narrow and prejudiced (albeit for good reason) view of the situation. I don't fault you for that view, it's only a natural human reaction.

Let me just give an example. I think it was about eight years ago when my son came home from some concert, (I honestly don't recall) stoned off his ass. I recognized it immediately having been "experienced". Of course I asked him what was up and he told me. He told me because he knew that he could trust that I wouldn't over react. I told him to go to his room and enjoy it and get some sleep because I wanted to talk with him about it. I did it in a non threatening way and the next day he was a little nervous because he knew it was a big thing. We'd talked about drugs before but I knew it was time to go more in depth. The first thing I told him is that he was not in trouble in any way. I told him it is his life, he can make his own decisions and I will not try to make him do or not do anything.

Then, I told him about my experience, and about some friends of ours he knows and a couple relatives. I told him about all the fun it was at first, but I made sure to follow up with all the trouble that came later. I even had the good fortune of having an old classmate I still write to doing prison time behind drug related charges. I called all these people later and asked them to feel free to talk openly with him about all of this, their past, my past, all of it. I finished up with the fact that because marijuana is illegal, that I will be very disappointed if he ever brings actual drugs into our home, and that I may have to really lay down the law, but that if it ever came to that it would be out of love for him and the family. I told him he can always come to me about such issues and so long as he doesn't break our house rules I would let him make his own decisions and just tell him what I think. I told him to talk to any of the people I mentioned and hear it from them.

Now see, I know I got lucky. I believe I did the right thing. The best thing I could do under the circumstances, but by his own account he tried it like two more times and then figured it was not worth the trouble. He saw that what I had said about his friends who did it regularly was true, and he had no reason to defy dad, when he knew dad knew of what he spoke. He's now starting law school and I could not be more proud. Him and his crowd sometimes drink a bit much for my comfort, but he always knows he has the support of his mother and I. Would that I would have had such supportive parents! I am sure sometimes it doesn't always work out, but since we can't make decisions for our kids, isn't it best they have all the facts to make good decisions on their own? I think so.

I'm going to explain this just because you seem to be mentally handicapped.

Listen vapid BOY, he didn't have any drugs smart guy, where did I ever say he did? Being stoned does not mean having drugs. Some girl he knew had the pot. Second, marijuana possession is a misdemeanor (that means minor crime dufus!). Add to that, that intoxication on drugs is NOT a crime at all! Lastly he was riding with a friend, which perhaps not too smart is also not a crime on his part. I don't know what the statistics are on pot related accidents, but I am quite sure they are insignificant compared to other intoxicants.

OK, so now tell me where I ever said it wasn't serious? I was never a heavy drugs user, though I did a bit. I knew a lot of folks who were more involved than I was. I went into all the ins and outs. The fun, and the hard times (including with the law). I told him, if he brought drugs in the house, that there would be consequences including that we may indeed let him face the music with the local authorities. Another thing I did not mention is that I brought him to the prison with me one time a bit later to visit "uncle Jeff", (a close friend he knew when he was little, but not blood) to talk to him about the realities.

Now see what I didn't do is get all pissed off and punish him for something most kids do, because I want to have that kind of communication with him. I can't make his decisions for him and any parent that thinks differently is in dreamland. I don't condone these things and never said I did, but how exactly would coming down hard on him have helped?

So aqua BOY, is that any clearer? Have your mommy read this to you and get back to me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Being stoned does not mean having drugs.

Honest officer, I was just standing there & these kids stoked up a doob & I got a contact high without even realizing it.

If you put your private info out for all to see...expect feedback. Don't get all pissy because someone doesn't like your method.

H2O boy

It is a misdemeanor, not a felony, to smoke pot. Possession with intent to distribute is a felony (means you have enough on you to indicate you are a dealer). I believe that was the correction.

and did he say what the boy was stoned ON?

nope

you assume its weed. could be meth, coke, pcp, lsd...any of which is a felony regardless of amount in many states

but dont let that stop you