Hillary Clinton Launching Presidential Run

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Folks are power hungry. They're willing to do damn near anything, anything at all, to have a piece of the pie...so to speak.

spike

If you had to, which one?

link.laura.bush.jpg
link.hillary.clinton.jpg

MrBishop

I don't know why anyone pays attention to this. She's virtually unelectable and everybody knows it.

List of virtually unelectable traits:
Female
Non-white
Non-Catholic

It's not just Hillary..I doubt that ANY woman will become President (or even VP) anytime soon.

Her attempt is not worth a HILLary of beans.

Cerise

It's not just Hillary..I doubt that ANY woman will become President (or even VP) anytime soon.

Speaking as a woman--I agree with you. I will take it further and say that I don't know if a woman should be in charge of the US when we are facing the next 50 years of keeping our interests safe from radical Islamic threats.

chcr

Too cute for words
Speaking as a woman--I agree with you. I will take it further and say that I don't know if a woman should be in charge of the US when we are facing the next 50 years of keeping our interests safe from radical Islamic threats.

I disagree. I think that there are women who could do just as good a job as a man (better than a lot of them) but Hillary sure as hell isn't one.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't think that gender nor creed nor color would affect the decision of a majority if the person with the unusual trait (for the job) was the right person at the right time.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I am personally not opposed to a woman president if a qualified candidate emerges. I do question her effectiveness in negotiating with other nations, Islamic or anything else, who may not respect women as our society does. I fear it could hamper negotiations, treaties, whatnot. Otherwise, if a lady is the best candidate she gets my vote.

Note please that Hillary is neither a lady nor the best candidate though...

MrBishop

I am personally not opposed to a woman president if a qualified candidate emerges. I do question her effectiveness in negotiating with other nations, Islamic or anything else, who may not respect women as our society does. I fear it could hamper negotiations, treaties, whatnot. Otherwise, if a lady is the best candidate she gets my vote.

Condaleeza Rice for President!

catocom

I'd vote for Colon Powell ahead of anybody I've seen to run so far,
and on any ticket.:nerd:

But, it's my understanding that he's said "no way in hell". :(

Cerise

Doesn't anyone see any differences--psychological or biochemical--that could cause a problem where a woman deals with a man in a critical situation?

Hormonal or emotional differences aside, by comparison 2 men, although different people, would be on the same "wavelength" and speak the "same language." Or so my feelings tell me. Ungowa.