Hillary Clinton Launching Presidential Run

spike

Many countries have or had women leaders like Germany, Liberia, Finland, India, Sri Lanka, Ireland, etc.

The US is a little behind in this area.

catocom

Many countries have or had women leaders like Germany, Liberia, Finland, India, Sri Lanka, Ireland, etc.

China has Communism, and the Netherlands have legal drugs.
Do you consider us to be behind in these areas?

edit: note...loaded question. :D

catocom

I see women leaders kinda like communism, OK/good on small scale, not for the US.
Maybe Japan or smaller...

Reason, women are controlled more through 'feelings', not always by what
might be best.

(too emotional)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort

Why must you insist that this country be identical to everywhere else? Everywhere else wants what we have. I can't ever remember wanting to be like Finland. I damn sure don't envy the common citizen of India. Sri Lanka is, what, the size of Lansing? Ireland...now there's a peaceful tranquil place to live. Is Liberia even still a country?

Maybe you should look into a passport. Solves both our problems.

spike

Why must you insist that this country be identical to everywhere else?

Easy, I didn't.

I noticed that we're a little behind in gender equality. We're behind some other countries in education too.

Does that mean I want our countries to be identical to theirs? Nope, it doesn't even make any sense that you make that assumption.

Maybe you should look into a passport. Solves both our problems.

If it makes you spaz so much when people notice something lacking you should look into a passport. Maybe you'd be happier somewhere where they control what people say and think more.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Just look at the influence & positive affects those places have had to furthering mankind. Mind blowing.

I noticed that we're a little behind in gender equality.

Did Helen Gurley Brown retire & ask you to step into her pumps?

chcr

Too cute for words
You saying you're against the women too?

Spike, Spike, Spike...

Anyone who doesn't specifically agree with everything Gonz thinks (yes, even the self-contradictory stuff) is a liberal, commie bastard that doesn't deserve to live. How long have you been posting here????? ;)

MrBishop

Just look at the influence & positive affects those places have had to furthering mankind. Mind blowing.

What about places like the UK and Canada? Both had women leaders, albeit for Canada, she wasn't leader for long and had been back-stabbed to boot...set up for a fall.

Kim Campbell - Prime Minister 1993

MrBishop

I believe that it means that before dismissing Margaret Thatcher as a leader, that you should take into effect that she was faced with several heavy events during her time in office and pulled through with flying colours...including dealing with terrorists, and the cold war.

Women have been and can in the future, be strong political leaders even in tough times.

chcr

Too cute for words
Are you saying it's all relative?

I'm more concerned with the future.

You missed the point. The tools have become more efficient. The stakes remain unchanged.

If a society fails to learn from the past, the future is likely to be short and scary.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
If it makes you spaz so much when people notice something lacking you should look into a passport. Maybe you'd be happier somewhere where they control what people say and think more.

If I had my way, I'd need a passport to go to Pennsylvania, remember?