Shots fired at Montreal College

MrBishop

Police are on the scene of a shooting at a Montreal college, where several people have reportedly been injured.

Students at Dawson College told reporters they heard several shots in the building at around lunchtime.

One student told a local radio station that she saw two people who had been shot, including one who had been hit in the neck.

The student said a friend told her four people had been shot.

Hundreds of students have fled the building, and the area has been cordoned off.

Police officers wearing bullet-proof vests are keeping people away from the college.

"They're telling me, 'Go the other way, lady, you're in the line of fire,'" said CBC News reporter Nancy Wood, who is reporting from the scene.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/09/13/shots-dawson.html

MrBishop

Montreal police confirm that there is at least one suspect they say has been "neutralised". Television images showed police officers dragging a bloody body out of the main doors of the building.

Hundreds of police officers have surrounded the building in downtown Montreal. They've cordoned off a park facing the school, as well as the Alexis Nihon Plaza, a nearby shopping centre.

A.B.Normal

One student told a local radio station that she saw two people who had been shot, including one who had been hit in the neck.

You are hearing gunfire people are being hit ,who do you phone :

1) your significant other
2) sibling/parent
3) friend
4)Boss

Nope, your life is so pathetic ,you phone a radio station :rolleyes:

MrBishop

More...

Eyewitnesses say they saw a tall skinny man wearing a black trenchcoat, with a mohawk haircut walk into the cafeteria carrying a large gun. He apparently fired several shots.

MrBishop

You are hearing gunfire people are being hit ,who do you phone

The radio station people are physically on the scene... the radio station that I was listening to had parents calling in..some of whom had received calls from their kids. Some outside the building and some still barricaded inside.

A.B.Normal

The radio station people are physically on the scene... the radio station that I was listening to had parents calling in..some of whom had received calls from their kids. Some outside the building and some still barricaded inside.
The report I was watching said she called in.

MrBishop

Mum just called. Apparently 6 and 12 aren't carrying the story, but Global out of quebec city is.

Typical...CJAD had two reporters RUN over to Dawson...then again the lady on right now has sons that go to Dawson and they're not that far away. :shrug:

MrBishop

Now a dead man in fatigues...

make that two dead men. 4 seriously injured and several with minor injuries, some caused by the run out!
top-shoot4-060913.jpg

Professur

Listening to student interviews on 940. The theatrics have begun.

"I don't ever want to go back in that building..."
"The school's not secure ...."

Soon it'll be calls to free pass the entire student body.

MrBishop

An eyewitness told CBC News she was sitting outside Dawson College when she saw a tall, white man wearing a long black trench coat walk down the street with a large gun. He was with a number of other people, she said.

The man, who the witness described as about 19 and wearing studs and piercings, fired on several people in the area, she said. The woman said she ran and hid in the bushes as debris from the gunfire scattered around her. She ran again until a woman let her inside her apartment.

4 dead 16 wounded

The shrinks will be called in next