Shots fired at Montreal College

Professur

Traffic vultures hovering. 80 cop cars, 20 urgence sante.

Metro shut down. Green line.

If you wanted to rob something ..... right now would be a really convenient time.

MrBishop

So how are those Canadian gun control laws working out for you guys?
Still 8.1 times less murders with handguns/rifles per 100,000 people than in the USA
Still 5.3 times less other crimes committed with guns per 100,000 people than in the USA.

Off hand..I'd say, pretty good. There are some pretty large loopholes in the law to accommodate hunters and its a costly system but... either we're much nicer people or the gun control seems to have an effect.

MrBishop

060913_montreal_body_300.jpg

Professur

les paul mostly played guitar. though i think he did design and possibly build the "log" guitar. gibson makes the "les paul" model, which *some* consider an overpriced piece of shit.

How completely apropos ... *collapses into a giggling puddle of goo at his own joke*

2minkey

bootlicker
Still 8.1 times less murders with handguns/rifles per 100,000 people than in the USA
Still 5.3 times less other crimes committed with guns per 100,000 people than in the USA.

either we're much nicer people or the gun control seems to have an effect.

yeah it's the first one. america is uniquely blessed with insecure hot heads that think they're so important they gotta "pop a cap" in anyone who glances at them the wrong way.

Professur

yeah it's the first one. america is uniquely blessed with insecure hot heads that think they're so important they gotta "pop a cap" in anyone who glances at them the wrong way.
The guy that showed me his sawed off 12 didn't seem all that nice a guy.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Also, the only people dead according to CNN are the gunman and one female student...many others are in critical condition and in surgery but only 1 + the gunman have died.