That's it, we're toast

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Gonz said:
... agreed to the terms & conditions set forth by the UN Security Council & has failed to abide by them.

Apparently they DID...Our supreme intelligence turned out to be a bunch of LIES & EXAGGERATIONS....And people have DIED because of them.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
So... is this like the Weapons of Mass Destruction thing? Oh wait... you were wrong there, too. :rolleyes:

Not excactly true [edit]this applies to you too Frog[/edit]

kr4-Are you suggesting our military does what it does best...namely kill people & break things & then set up a proper Marshall Plan 2? We're trying to be the good guys & it's working everywhere but the Ba'athist controlled Sunni triangle. The SpecOps are trained for that. The infantry & tanks divisions aren't.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
You may as well have posted Colin Powell's address to the UN...said the same shit and most of it was lies... :shrug: Hell Powell even had photos of permanent installations that we suddenly can't seem to find. Guess they threw those big buildings in a truck and drove them down to Syria...:rofl:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The "permanent installations" are still there. Manufacturing plants with the ability to switch goods in mid-stream & lots of dock spaces to load & remove said goods :p

Remember, 50 years ago, our country went from producing consumer goods to military goods in less than 6 months & they had to start from scratch. The Iraqis were already prepared to have rapid conversions.

freako104 said:
... but if we pull out nothing bad will happen.

If the U.S. left Iraq we would be toast. Sure, we are there to establish Iraq, but in the bigger picture we are there to fight terrorism. Don't think there aren't terrorists who pray to Allah to be at the end of a runway aiming a surface-to-air missile launcher at an American Airlines jet taking flight. To see U.S. forces pack up and leave Iraq would be the invite al Queda is waiting for to bring the war back to America's turf.

freako104

didnt they say there is no real connection between Sadam and teh Islamic terrorists? and since when is Iraq Americas turf? and im sure it is more than just jets that theyd use. there are some here in the states

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
freako104 said:
didnt they say there is no real connection between Sadam and teh Islamic terrorists?

Ugh, no. There was/is a questionable connection between Al Qieda & saddam but Iraq & terrorism are quite friendly. Not as friendly as Iran & Syria but they're in the same ballpark.

Bungi

Gonz the war was not sanctioned, it just wasn't. America made a big fucking mess and now they have to deal with it, they can't exactly go crying to the UN now after going against it. This is exactly like Vietnam, none of the US soldiers, no soldiers anywhere can really defend against gurrelia tactics, as the casualties pile up more people will realise what a stupid and unecessary measure war was, and then all the troops will pull out, Saddam will crawl up from the dust and there will be more terrorism than before. The whole war is just fucking pointless.

Professur

Funny enough, the americans invented those tactics in a war against the more civilized English army, who they never would have stood a chance against in a standup fight. Sound familiar?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sanctioned? We don't need no stinkin' endorsement. We took our case to the UN, they voted unanimously to give saddam "one last chance". He blew it, we attacked, as we said we would. We are taking care of the aftermath. We have approached the UN, by multilateral request & they again voted unanimously to assist Iraq. We're still waiting. Some countries have come through (not the ones that had illegal dealings, surprisingly) & some are sitting on their hands, probably waiting for the French (in all their might & glory) to say jump.

Pointless, you say? I'd bet there are several million Iraqi's who would argue that point. I'd also bet that there are some very shaken terrorists who have serious concerns with so many GI's breathing down their necks. No, I think it was a right & just move on our part.

Bungi

Gonz said:
Sanctioned? We don't need no stinkin' endorsement.

Gonz said:
What exactly do you call 14 resolutions for Iraq to cease & desist? It was sanctioned.

Look Gonz lies just like Bush!

Gonz said:
I'd bet there are several million Iraqi's who would argue that point.

The same several million who are attacking US troops 30+ times a day?

Gonz said:
I'd also bet that there are some very shaken terrorists who have serious concerns with so many GI's breathing down their necks.

Actually I think they are jumping for joy that there are so many clueless, relatively undefended US targets so close by. As I said, attacks on US and US intrests 30+ times a day, doesn't sound like the actions of a 'shaken terrorist' group to me.

Puma

Saddam blew it? On the contrary, he was telling the truth all along. He had no WMDs. How can he turn over something he doesn't have? Everyone's been asking this since the idea of the war began.

I say we invade Israel unless they turn over the dangerous aliens they're harboring!

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Professur said:
Funny enough, the americans invented those tactics in a war against the more civilized English army, who they never would have stood a chance against in a standup fight. Sound familiar?

Bravo, Prof. Been trying to explain that to them...If all you have is stones, don't try to take on the tanks....There are other ways.

Terrorism, as we love to call it, is simply war on a lower budget.

Professur

Puma said:
I say we invade Israel unless they turn over the dangerous aliens they're harboring!

*sigh*

Does noone keep up anymore? The Isralies don't have the aliens. It's the americans who have them, in Nevada. The Isralies are keeping the Ark of the Covenant, and the Holy Grail. Damnit it boy, pay attention:D

Puma

We're entitled to aliens. But Israel's aliens destabilize the region so we made a resolution against them having aliens and sent it to the UN, where it passed thanks to threats of withdrawing our aid from hungry nations where farmers can't compete with free food. Israel broke that resolution, as you can see on this picture which was supplied by our intelligence agents at photoshop.com

Disarm or be disarmed.

Bungi

Gonz said:

Still no justification for a war Gonz, just because the international community condemned Iraq for going against the UN resolutions and said military force could not be ruled out does not mean that war without UN sanction was the right option. There were many diplomatic options still available and US broke international law by invading Iraq for breaking international law ... I wonder if the stupid monkey Bush can spell hypocrite?

AlladinSane

If this was a serious endeavour. US should have stated a time to step up. Let's say 6 months, 1, 2 years. Saying "we'll stay until the situation improves" is utterly bullshit. The situation will NOT improve. Turmoil is getting worse every day.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
AlladinSane said:
If this was a serious endeavour. US should have stated a time to step up. Let's say 6 months, 1, 2 years. Saying "we'll stay until the situation improves" is utterly bullshit. The situation will NOT improve. Turmoil is getting worse every day.

So, from now on, a country that goes to war is supposed to give a timetable, like "THe Czech Republic will now invade & conquer Norway" We will do it in 450 days." That would be ludicrous. It gives the enemy a date to survive until and that is not how war works. We will turn Iraq into a democractic country or they'll die trying. ;)

Bungi-what international law did we break?