London shaken by explosions

Winky

When we had our Fourth of July par-tay here at my house,
the place one point seven miles due east of here where they have the fireworks
(the actual launch site is only .8)
rated a fly over from '16's' we got a fly-over for my third annual 4th of July event, they came RIGHT down my street!!
America what a country.

I'm glad we can sponsor 'fly-overs' all over the world
especially for those Al Queida guys!

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
I'd say they succeeded nicely.

That's the scary part.

Gonz said:
The wider that gap gets, the easier & sooner we can win this thing & come home.

I don't think so. I think it in no way affects the timeline in Iraq. Besides, once again you want to distract the terrorists by giving them exactly what they want in the first place. Giving the enemy what they want is usually considered bad tactics.

Winky

WTF dood
What if the KKK started rampaging across the nation?
Hell the Branch Davidians were minding their own
business in the 'compound'
and they rated a siege and immolation.

Bulldoze the Mosques, Kill the Fidels!

Winky

chcr said:
giving them exactly what they want in the first place.

A first class ticket to Allah and them 72 virgins?
(Christians get ripped off, no promise of even ONE virgin? I want my money back!)
Hell yeah send em' en masse!

All aboard!!!

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:

Regardless, Wink, they're main objective (IMO, of course) is to trigger a massive response which they can use to turn "world opinion" against us (us being the US and it's current allies). It's psychological warfare, and they're pretty good at it. I hope they're going too far and that will be their downfall, but "world opinion" is notoriously fickle (and usually not too bright) and wants a reason to hate us because it prceives us as better off (because we are). The enemy is Islam but that does not necessarily mean that all of it's adherents are enemies (I'll admit that it's probably smarter to act as if they were though). The idea implies genocide, though, and that is an idea the terrorists use against us on a daily basis. I wish I knew a good answer, but I'm afraid I can only think of bad ones. :shrug:

Actually, you know me. The enemy is religious fanatacism, Islamic or otherwise (see, you thought I'd simply say religion, huh).

Winky

“in the conflict between totalitarian regimes and democracy,
you must not hesitate to declare which side you are on.”

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
“in the conflict between totalitarian regimes and democracy,
you must not hesitate to declare which side you are on.”

Still, not the same as genocide against Islam, is it?

BTW, do you know anyone who lives in a democracy?

Winky

C'Mon Dooder we waged a 40+ year
( Hot in spots heh) cold- war with Russia and they had ten thousand nukes pointed at U.S.

Ya think we'll be defeated by a bunch of slobs in dirty night-shirts?

Hardly...

Personally I’m glad I live inna Republic!

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
Ya think we'll be defeated by a bunch of slobs in dirty night-shirts?

Of course not. I in no way think that they can destroy the nation. Will it be the same nation though? There is more than one kind of defeat though. The continuance of the Patriot Act, for instance, is an example. We change the way we live our lives and I promise you they see it as a victory. At what point do we stop giving up freedoms in exchange for security? People in general will accept any change that makes them feel safer.

Do we start stopping and searching everyone who even looks middle-eastern (note that a lot of muslims are not middle-eastern)? At that point, are we still living in America?

Are we fighting a war for national security or a much more insidious one to protect our way of life? I think it's the second, but I don't think everyone recognizes that.

Edit: I like living in a republic too. Democracies are too messy.

Edit the second: I should mention that I'm not at all certain we haven't already given up the way of life I spoke of but I hope not.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
Do we start stopping and searching everyone who even looks middle-eastern (note that a lot of muslims are not middle-eastern)? At that point, are we still living in America?

Therein lies the crux. I would be willing to bet that our founding fathers, Abe Lincoln & Jefferson Davis, all the way thru Teddy Roosevet (and perhaps Harry Truman) would have had no qualms about declaring war against our enemy, even (or especially if) it wasn't PC.

Must a nation founded on the principle of freedom be on the verge of losing it before they are willing to protect it?

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
What the hell is the point to this?
The point is it got in the news. As you pointed out in an earlier post, more people were killed in Detroit than in Iraq in a month (was it a month?). Which one made the news? They know as well as you and I that our country is run largely by perceived public opinion.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
it's for the religion doncha know

Jawaharlal Nehru, Indian statesman (1889-1964).
"No country or people who are slaves to dogma and dogmatic mentality can progress."

Jawaharlal Nehru, Indian statesman (1889-1964).

Winky

chcr said:
The point is it got in the news.

Thing is, if I'm doin' something wrong and wanna get away with it,
the last thing I wanna have happen is for it to get "in the news"
so either what these guys are a doin' isn't wrong
or there ain't no 'consequences' for their actions.

Hmm, how could we make some 'consequence' for this
type oh thang? Hmmmm?

Ever hear of 'Operation Arc Light'???

I betcha theres ways to put pressure on them
1.2 billion moosies to get them to wanna get
this crap to stop!

chcr

Too cute for words
so either what these guys are a doin' isn't wrong
or there ain't no 'consequences' for their actions.

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!!!!!!!

Ever hear of 'Operation Arc Light'???

Sure. What do you think it will have to do with anything in the middle east?