No wonder I despise bipartisanship

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Oh, I didn't say there is "peace and quiet", just that that aspect is/was toned down some.

People are getting crazy, I still don't know why, it is weird indeed that such aspect had toned down over there.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This region around the town of St. George in Washington County (which has grown about 40 percent since 2000)

I would have (and had) considered moving there after seeing it. Idylic locale, scenic & outdoorsy. No longer :(

Winky

Lindsay got a DUI oh no!
I liked Mean Girls.

Oh you mean the article about beanners?

I've been up to my ass in them for 20+ years
coming to a theatre (of societal combat) near you soon.

What's the latest on Paris's upcoming jail stay?
What new movies are coming out?

My kid went to private school 1st thru 12th
wait til you see what happens to your (public) school system when
60-70+ percent of the students are illegals!

catocom

unclehobart

I don't mind illegals so much if they actually carry the basic load as a citizen and pay their taxes... but the vast ranks that live off of the government tit need to be shown the door. The laws are already on the books and we choose to ignore the whole thing. sad.

catocom

always back to money corruption...
There's more money in traffic tickets, and other citations to citizens, that will actually pay the fines.

Then there's the lobbyist.....
friggin' gov.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I don't mind illegals so much if they actually carry the basic load as a citizen and pay their taxes... but the vast ranks that live off of the government tit need to be shown the door. The laws are already on the books and we choose to ignore the whole thing. sad.

Dunno much about your system, but shouldn't their employee be paying their taxes? (grammar? :confuse3:, pm please)

Over here, workers on the payroll have their taxes automatically cut off from their cheque, unless the worker decides to present his revenues/expenses and get a possible tax refund.

OTOH, aren't all items taxed anyway? Even if their employee isn't paying their taxes, they are still paying consumption taxes. Whether it is food, gasoline, clothes or anything they are contributing.

spike

Over here, workers on the payroll have their taxes automatically cut off from their cheque, unless the worker decides to present his revenues/expenses and get a possible tax refund.

That's pretty much the same here. However some employers will pay employees in cash and not report the payment so that person is not officially an employee.

This benefits the employer since they can get out of paying worker's compensation and other things if it was an official employee. Worker's comp hits some businesses pretty hard, especially construction contractors and such.

Construction contractors will often even pay their employees who are legal citizens in cash to get around this.

Any immigration policy that doesn't take into account the motivations for hiring illegals is pretty silly.

OTOH, aren't all items taxed anyway? Even if their employee isn't paying their taxes, they are still paying consumption taxes. Whether it is food, gasoline, clothes or anything they are contributing.

True, they do still pay consumption taxes. Could be an interesting angle.

I think there's a thread here somewhere about moving away from income based taxes to more consumption based taxes.