Prof....

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I sure will!
We have to go art work shopping before too long for a large exterior piece as well as a large interior piece for where the window was. That ought to be fun. Plus the framing of the papyrii...
We are still trying to track down a suitable pot rack and we have to go physically look at cork flooring.
This really is kinda fun.

hehe you guys are such a perfect match :)

tonksy

Yeah...that's why when we got home he promptly went upstairs for an alka-seltzer and a lay down ;)

Actually, I think he is coming around to all of this. We are getting good deals (like our backsplash tile at cost) and the work is happening relatively quickly. The down side is that when we are done with these projects there are plenty more waiting in the wings.
The basement is like a 900lb gorilla in the room that everyone is trying to ignore....but the good news about that is that we already have a good contractor and we have plenty of time to shop around for what we want.
I did fall in LOVE with the most awesome fiberoptic ceiling. The nighttime sky. It was sooo Harry Potter I could have squealed.

tonksy

Oh! and I had another pleasant surprise at the light/fan place. We were looking in the showroom kitchen area and they had our granite! It was so cool to see an entire counter in it as I picked ours based on smaller squares! I loved it! The copper flecks really stood out and sparkled in the light!
*Does happy dance

unclehobart

Rob always told me he was leaving his home a "blank canvas" so when he found a lady and she moved in she would beable to start from scratch...glad to see you're adding some life to the place!!

I think your guys should post lots of pics to compare the place to the plain pics rob posted years ago.

You are entirely correct. You get a cookie.

Inkara1

In related news, JJR fixed the attachment problem on his board so now those "plain" pics are once again available for viewing. It's weird to see the dining room with a neutral-colored wall now.

Inkara1

What's that can for that was in the island below the cooktop? That have something to do with the vent in the middle Jenn-Air put in the middle of the cooktop?

tonksy

Yes, I don't know if the new cooktop will utilize it or not as it's vent system is one of them new fangled pop ups.

The cabinet men are here bringing in the new cabinet pieces - the sink support and the spice drawers.
Here is the sink:
sink.jpg

Inkara1

What does a bad boy like what weigh? And can it be had as a double-bowl instead of one large single-bowl?

I remember people at Home Depot being impressed when I would lift cast iron kitchen sinks by myself to load them into people's cars... I found the owner's manual for one online and it said the cabinet should be able to support 350 pounds for an extended period of time, combining the weight of the sink, a garbage disposal and both bowls being completely full of water.

tonksy

It's surprisingly light, about 50 lbs.
We did see them as a double sink - only one side was smaller than the other. You can get it evenly divided in two but not in the apron front style.
We need to go pick out the new disposal as ours was a large old school one and we need a compact one to fir under the deeper sink.

tonksy

Okay...here is the sink sitting in the reworked cabinet:

cabsink.jpg

Here is a larger shot of the sink in the new cabinet next to the spice drawers that used to be a trash compactor:

cab.jpg

Of course, they do need to be painted but I did get a nice surprise when the carpenter showed me that he gave me those new no slam drawers :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
WOW you guys are gonna have a skanky kitchen it looks like! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sink!

The closest I get to home reno is buying new pictures and cushions (which I did today) since I only rent...God willing I'll be moving into a building the first of Dec and I might get to paint.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I am hoping you meant swanky...or perhaps I should put in a pole and some strobe lights ;)

I did indeed mean swanky...the pole may be better suited in the bedroom ;) I'd LOVE to have a stripper pole in the bedroom!