Prof....

Inkara1

She puts the GRRR in swinger. :D

So... not going to have a trash compactor anymore? Why not? and will the rest of the drawers in the kitchen be replaced with the new hoity-toity no-slam ones?

Inkara1

In looking at it... I'm kind of sad to hear the new cabinets will be painted instead of stained to match the sink.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Luis: No, not as in swingers. A swing as in a sex swing...it's well, a swing designed to have sex in.

Inky: She said they need to look for a new more compact disposal...are they not the same thing as a compactor?

tonksy

She puts the GRRR in swinger. :D

So... not going to have a trash compactor anymore? Why not? and will the rest of the drawers in the kitchen be replaced with the new hoity-toity no-slam ones?
No, we never used it and it's a bitch to find the bags for it etc.
In looking at it... I'm kind of sad to hear the new cabinets will be painted instead of stained to match the sink.
Yes, but we have a ton of cabinets so that would be rather...time consuming as well as very expensive.
Just wait until you see it all painted and you'll see. Lots of coppers and neutrals with bright walls.
That's not a sink. It's a bathtub.
:D
Luis: No, not as in swingers. A swing as in a sex swing...it's well, a swing designed to have sex in.

Inky: She said they need to look for a new more compact disposal...are they not the same thing as a compactor?

Yes indeed. A swing to have sex in.

Nix, a disposal goes in the drain. a compactor is a machine that mushes your paper, plastic, aluminium trash into smaller clumps. Very 80's.
Most of these things can be recycled now.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Ah, how interesting...could you compact them and THEN recycle them? I know it's pointless cause they mush them anyways but it would be cool.

tonksy

I guess if you sorted the trash into seperate recepticles and then put it in the compactor...but that sounds like an awful pain in the tush.

tonksy

Okey doke! Another update. Are you bored yet?

It's oven day!

Our new Thermador convection oven and microwave:

oven1.jpg

oven2.jpg

New fangled control panel
oven3.jpg

oven4.jpg

Oh! And a bonus piccy of me from Saturday that was just on my camera still:
meyd.jpg

tonksy

Aw gosh :blush:

I have to learn how to operate the darn thing though. It cooks different. I fear I may burn some stuff at first.

chcr

Too cute for words
The convection oven isn't that hard to get used to. When I first started using ours I tended to dry things out (a little overcooked) rather than burn them (a lot overcooked). After several meals you get a pretty good handle on it. I find I don't use the convection feature much for cookies though.

tonksy

That's what I am afraid of, Chic...but I guess it'll be trial and error.

I did just finish making popcorn for me and the girls (cruelty to Rob) using the new mikey-wave's popcorn sensor feature and when we were done I counted 36 1/2 unpopped kernels! I am suitable impressed.

chcr

Too cute for words
That's what I am afraid of, Chic...but I guess it'll be trial and error.

I did just finish making popcorn for me and the girls (cruelty to Rob) using the new mikey-wave's popcorn sensor feature and when we were done I counted 36 1/2 unpopped kernels! I am suitable impressed.

Cool. Years ago, before he worked for Subaru, before he worked for World Com, my brother in law worked as head of packaging design for Amana. about twenty-two years ago, my siblings went together and got me a refurbished countertop microwave. I'm still using that. :blush:

tonksy

The counter top one we bought when the built in one died still works okay but it's very small. I believe we'll keep it in the kitchenette in the basement.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
It's all electrical, what happened to move slowly the handle to reach the desired temperature and keeping an eye on the oven so the meal won't burn.

Nice new stuff btw.

tonksy

Okay! First off, for Nixy. Here is a nice shot of the electrician using a less than stable means of reaching the fan...he is waving to you, Nix!
daniel.jpg

The living room fan with uplight and downlight:
light5.jpg

Close up:
light4.jpg

Kitchen fan:
light2.jpg

Close up:
light3.jpg

Weird thing. They both have wall control panels that have buttons for speed and light etc...however due to their proximity the panels control both fans so both will be on the same speed. The kitchen one has no light so at least there isn't an issue there.

Breakfast table light:
light1.jpg

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
haha tell him he better not come to Toronto and try to pull that on my jobsites, I'd tear him a new one :D