2006 Tropical Storm Season Now Below Normal

spike said:
The money made available to rebuild Iraq after a natural disaster has been a fraction of the money made available to rebuild a foreign country damaged in a farce.

When was Iraq hit by a natural disaster?

The farse is the Useless Nations in New York...

When was Iraq hit by a natural disaster?

The farce hit in 2003.

disaster.jpg

spike said:
Apparently you're wrong. Assuming Billions of humans brurning fossil fuels could have no effect on the environment is pompous, irresponsible, and foolish.

Do you drive an automobile?

spike said:
No the taxpayer has been spending massive funds destroying and rebuilding Iraq and can't spare a fraction of that to rebuild one of their own cities.

One that was built BELOW SEA LEVEL???? I sure as shit hope we're not spending a dime. Let the Mayor & his crew of chocolate people handle it.

Altron said:
But I like making fun of france.

then make fun of them for real reasons.

it's a country full of bigots, who's goverment is so schitzo it deserves to be locked up.

spike said:
Apparently you're wrong. Assuming Billions of humans brurning fossil fuels could have no effect on the environment is pompous, irresponsible, and foolish.

You DO of course know that there have been multiple ice ages, right? Know what that means? Global warming comes and goes! So does global cooling! Sure, driving my car won't make the planet cool... but I'm quite confident the earth would still be warming right now, in 2006, even if cars and factories had not been invented.

Ever walk around in rural areas of the west coast? Notice the evidence of where the ocean used to be? That means the ocean has been higher in the past than it is now, meaning more water is stored in glaciers than was at that time in history. If less water was stored in glaciers at that time, then the world must have been warmer back then.

The point? It's CYCLICAL. To claim that humans are the reason for it is pompous, irresponsible and foolish.

Oh, I should point out that the French Quarter in New Orleans didn't flood. Interesting, the idea that when the French originally built the city, they built it in the area that was above sea level.

Inkara1 said:
Oh, I should point out that the French Quarter in New Orleans didn't flood. Interesting, the idea that when the French originally built the city, they built it in the area that was above sea level.

common sense. it is mostly urban expansions that get built in bad places, that is why I always like living in an older, if not the oldest section of town I live in.

Last apt. in montreal built 1890

apt. in Edmonton built 1916

current house in Barrie built roughly in 1910

The problem with a lot of the older construction though is that the plumbing and electricity and stuff might not be up to what you'd find in a new house. I've spent plenty of time in early 1900s NY buildings, and from what I've seen, electrical stuff is quirky, the bathrooms are few and cramped, that kinda stuff.

Altron said:
The problem with a lot of the older construction though is that the plumbing and electricity and stuff might not be up to what you'd find in a new house. I've spent plenty of time in early 1900s NY buildings, and from what I've seen, electrical stuff is quirky, the bathrooms are few and cramped, that kinda stuff.

better fixing plumbing etc, than trying in 20 years to reinforce the foundation cause your house was built on sand.

Yeah.

The parents did pretty well with their house. Still a pretty recent house, less than 40 years old, but older than a lot of the nearby houses, so it's pretty solid and is still big and comfy.

My aunt's house in NY has a bathroom the size of a closet, you open the door, get in, and have to like stand on the toilet seat in order to have enough room to close the door (door opens into the bathroom), it's kinda funny.

Back