No favortism towards Islam, huh

Paging Mr. Newdow. Mr. Michael Newdow:

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/12/282005a.asp

A federal appeals court is being asked to reconsider its ruling that allows public schools to teach junior high students how to "become Muslims."

Several parents sued California's Byron Union School District for requiring their 7th-grade children to participate in a three-week class activity in which they not only had to study important Islamic figures and wear traditional Muslim attire, but were also required to observe the "five pillars" of the Islamic faith, adopt Muslim names, recite a portion of a Muslim prayer, and even stage their own "jihad" or "holy war." The plaintiffs' attorney, the Thomas More Law Center's Ed White, believes the school district violated the parents' and children's constitutional rights to free exercise of religion.

So it was after the fact that parents learned how, for three weeks in 2001, their children were told they would "become Muslims" and had worn identification tags bearing their new Muslim names along with the Star and Crescent Moon symbols of Islam. The children received materials telling them to "Remember Allah always so that you may prosper," and they made banners to hang in the classroom, inscribing them with the Basmala, a phrase from the Koran used in Muslim prayers that is translated, "In the name of Allah, the Merciful, the Compassionate."

Xtra credit for completing any of the following essay topics: "Death to America", "Kill the Infidels", "The Streets Will Run With Blood", "Onward, Muslim Soldier: You're a Proud Freedom Fighter", "Beheading: Dull or Serrated Blade?", "America: Get Out of the Middle East", or "America Has Brought This on Itself by Electing the Evil George Bush Who Has Declared War on Islam by Invading Afghanistan and Iraq, Destroying the Taliban and Attacking Al Qaeda."

And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah (8:39)

Winky

I'll take:

"America Has Brought This on Itself by Electing the Evil George Bush Who Has Declared War on Islam by Invading Afghanistan and Iraq, Destroying the Taliban and Attacking Al Qaeda."

for a thousand, Alex

Winky

>Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent
>interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a
>Metro station in DC:
>
>"There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on
>the evils of America. I politely declined to take one.
>
>"An elderly woman was behind me getting off the escalator and a young
>(20ish) female protester offered her a pamphlet, which she politely
>declined.
>
>"The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a
>gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, 'Lady, don't you
>care about the children of Iraq?'
>
>"The old woman looked up at her and said, ' Honey, my father died in
>France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in
>Vietnam.
>All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth
>our country. If you touch me again. I'll stick this umbrella up your
>ass and open it."
>
>~God Bless America~

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Of course you were. According to you, and others of your ilk, anything about the Christian religion seems to be a joke...You rail against anything mainstream, and permit anything you think is diversity. Here's a really good clue for ya'...Where does Jesus fit into the Islamic religion?
Can you back up this statement of yours that anything about the Christian religion is a joke to me? I also do not rail against anything mainstream....but your definition of "mainstream" seems to be "whatever Gato believes".

You have no point here.

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
I had the feeling he wasn't going to answer anyway. :devious:
You have a habit of making an issue of everytime I leave the board to do other things. I have clue for ya...if someone replying to a bunch of other posts but abandoned a certain thread like SnP does all the time their arguement is probably full of holes. Otherwise they might just be doing real life things.

Winky

So how did your run in with johnny law ie
your car got trashed, turn out in real life?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
Can you back up this statement of yours that anything about the Christian religion is a joke to me? I also do not rail against anything mainstream....but your definition of "mainstream" seems to be "whatever Gato believes".

You have no point here.

Once again, your synapses refuse to acknowledge what is rather obvious to anyone else here.

1. You have yet to say anything positive about anything even remotely resembling Christianity or Judeaism. In fact, you go to great lengths to ridicule and debase anyone who happens to be a believer.
2. The Judeo-Christian religious teachings are the mainstream of religion in this country. You can feel free to dispute that if you wish, but that would prove my point without me even going any further.

You have no knowledge of which you speak here.

flavio

Banned
1. You have yet to say anything positive about anything even remotely resembling Christianity or Judeaism. In fact, you go to great lengths to ridicule and debase anyone who happens to be a believer.
I think it's rather obvious to anyone else here that you can't back that up.

2. The Judeo-Christian religious teachings are the mainstream of religion in this country. You can feel free to dispute that if you wish, but that would prove my point without me even going any further.
Where is your point?

...and are you going to reply to this.....

flavio said:
You have a habit of making an issue of everytime I leave the board to do other things. I have clue for ya...if someone replying to a bunch of other posts but abandoned a certain thread like SnP does all the time their arguement is probably full of holes. Otherwise they might just be doing real life things.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
...and are you going to reply to this.....

You still haven't answered...of course, freako answered for you, so that point is moot. Do try to keep up.

Gato_Solo

Here's one that's borderline. I chose it because you can be gracious from time to time. Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess...

flavio said:
Seems to be some evidence the "God" in "In God We Trust" was meant to be a pagan one as well. Let this cat out of the bag and it will be the religous right demanding both be removed.

How it was meant to be pagan, I've no idea, but you said it, and not me.

freako104

The pyramid, I said was Pagan but that is the only Pagan symbol I have seen on our cuurency or for that matter any kind of government property. To me it was at the very least a monotheistic religion which encompasses Zoroastranism, Judaism, Xtianity and Islam though it could touch a few others outside those mentioned. I would affiliate it with at least an Abrahamic religion not a Pagan one

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
That's one.
Somebody made a joke about Christians being under attack and muslims having free reign...I thought that was funny. Suddenly I'm anti-christian?

How it was meant to be pagan, I've no idea, but you said it, and not me.
Just because there's some evidence that our forefathers may have been pagan doesn't mean I am anti-christian.

You got nothing huh?

You've made it clear that you're not a christian what's your deal anyway?

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Somebody made a joke about Christians being under attack and muslims having free reign...I thought that was funny. Suddenly I'm anti-christian?

And why was that a joke? I didn't see anyone else thinking it was funny...

flavio said:
Just because there's some evidence that our forefathers may have been pagan doesn't mean I am anti-christian.

See above.

flavio said:
You got nothing huh?

Circumstantial evidence is still evidence.

flavio said:
You've made it clear that you're not a christian what's your deal anyway?

Moi? I haven't said one way or the other, as that isn't relevant to this conversation. As for my deal? Freedom of religion. If you accept one as legitimate, then, by default, you must accept them all as legitimate. If you denigrate one, then you must denigrate them all. There is no middle ground.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
flamio said:
abandoned a certain thread like SnP does all the time their arguement is probably full of holes

I just refuse to try and discuss anything with a child. That's why I so seldom see anything you post. And I still haven't heard squat from you about the PMs I sent you months ago, which is precisely what I anticipated. To borrow a phrase, you got nothing and you know it. So unless you are prepared to eat that crow you ordered up, please stop taking my name in vain, as flattering as it is that you think of me; it's more than I can say in return.

Beyond that, I let my record and reputation answer for me, a luxury you don't have.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
If you don't care, then it shouldn't matter in the first place how others may believe...;)
I don't. When confronted with any one though, I treat them all the same. They are all equally myths in my eyes. I don't try to convert anyone and if everyone would extend me the same courtesy I would porbably only argue about it when I was in a pissy mood. :D